Agnostic.com

13 22

Alarmed about the oncoming snowstorm, I got carried away.

You'll laugh at this.

Yesterday, preparing for today's snowstorm, I thought I needed new tires. Wanted thick lugs. Got all alarmist when I couldn't find my favorite tire store. They moved. Drove home to look up their new location.

Arriving home, I dug out the tire receipt from the glove box. New all-season tires, Michelin Defenders, were installed in September 2019. My last Michelin Defenders lasted over 85,000 miles. These have 4,000 miles on them. slaps forehead

Got out my snow shovel. Let it snow!

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good to be prepared. I have friends with the Red Cross our west who weren’t prepared

Good luck

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 23, 2020

better safe than sorry! I look at the treads before buying and see how good they are. Crawl under the car and see both sides front and back.

LMao we all have these brain farts or senior forgetfulness every now and again ,Your not alone, Glad you had a good laugh about it ,the slap on the forhead is good also for reminders ,Another term we use id CRS cannot remember shit at time lol But on the good side look at all the money you saved by not having to buy new tires and it was 22C here today sun

@RoyMillar

Good point.

So I was waiting to hear who carried you away and if they had to arm wrestler you first.

@azzow2

Very funny! You took my headline literally.

Carried away by a mountain lion?

@LiterateHiker I want to be carried away by a cougar a 2 legged one preferably.

At least you were trying to be proactive!😘

@Redheadedgammy

Thank you, dear.

It's been a long and eventful year, that has left us all feeling like we've trudged 85,000 miles through rocky terrain! Glad your tires are still good for the incoming winter weather!

@Julie808

Good point. Thank you.

I think we're all just a little more OCD lately.
I know I am.
At least you are prepared.
😘

Good job you checked πŸ™‚

What a relief, huh? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸš„πŸš„πŸ

Yes, it is amazing how we get ourselves in a pickle when stressed.

A little stressed about more than just the snowstorm are we?πŸ˜…

One of my earliest memories is from when we lived on the edge of the Hopi reservation in AZ.
We had a nasty snowstorm one winter and so many reservation residents got snowed in they sent the National Guard up to rescue them.
Then the semi-local Phoenix channel 5 sent a reporter to interview the people they saved. He asked one Hopi lady (she looked like she could have been 105) 'What would you have done if they hadn't come and helped you?'.
She looked him right in the eye and said she'd 'have waited until tomorrow and driven to town. This is AZ; it'll be gone tomorrow.'πŸ˜…

Oops 🀭, stay safe and take care of that ankle
😊

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.