Agnostic.com

15 16

update

Head hurts less, body aches have begun, still gastric issues, throat pain begun, and congestion. Not bad yet. Doc is calling me daily to check in.

So far so good. But they say days 7-10 are the real test of how it turns out.

Larimar 8 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Best wishes, sorry to hear you’re not well, but happy to hear that you’re managing it so far.

Get plenty of rest and fluids

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 23, 2020

I do not mean to steal your post. I have been felling terrible for the past five weeks. I have been tested for Covid, the flu, respiratory problems and something else I cannot remember. Has any one else felt this way as I would like to know if I am going to get better or just die. (Joking, I hope) Locally we are testing about 75 people a week and last week there were two cases found. Having gone through the process of getting tested, I know it is not easy, so something else is giving these people some illness. Any thoughts would be welcomed. Larimar, I sure hope you do well and get well soon, being ill is for the young who can take it.

No worries, Dale. Not sure what it's like near you but there are other things also going around in St Louis. Mine is predicated on the fact that a housemate has tested positive for coronavirus. Two years ago I was in horrible straights similar feeling to now. Turns out the assignment I was at for work had an extreme mold problem and I'm deathly allergic to mold. Could it be something like that? Are you near any allergens? It's not fun being ill at any time.

The last time I felt terrible it was the flu and it was a strain to lift my head from the pillow. But to feel bad for 5 weeks? has your doctor got no leads? Larimar’s idea of something situational sounds like a good thing to check for.
Hope you have a break through soon.

I hope you lavish yourself with a lot of rest, good food, and plenty of liquids. And I hope those uncomfortable symptoms will subside quickly.

Get well soon

Thank you for taking the time to check in. That sounds yucky. Sending well wishes your way, with the hopes that the next 10 days go quickly and uneventfully.

Long distance hugs and well wishes.

Stay strong. Get well soon...

Best wishes. Sending prayer-free thoughts.

Hope you recovery quickly ,Sending warm healing hugs and love

Sending wishes for strength, energy and quick recovery!

Please know our thoughts and good wishes are with you. Hope you feel better really soon.

Hope you recover soon. Sending mental rainbows of healing and peace.

Thanks for checking in. Are you going to test?

Doc said only if I get coughing or any of the other bad symptoms. She wants to keep viral load as low as possible and would prefer to test for antibodies after if it doesn't get bad. If it gets bad, all bets are off and get in asap.

@Larimar I like this plan. How are you looking after yourself?

@LovinLarge Doc gave me anti virals back in March and said to stay on them. I've been also adding in Vitamin D and zinc daily and C but she now said to take it to bowel tolerance. Basically take it until it causes the big D then back off slightly. Lots of herbal tea, I had premade some chicken noodle soup and froze it in single portions.....get them out as needed. I've always drank a ton of water and keeping that up. Not particulaly hungry but the soup and toast seems to be ok. Everything causes indigestion so it probably doesn't matter what I eat. I am sleeping a lot though. I'm thankful that instacart is available so if I get the inclination groceries will be delivered to my porch. Nobody is leaving the house. The kids tried once. I stopped it cold. They are hovered around a computer right now figuring out their own instacart order. I actually worked today and got in my full eight hours around a nap!

and I am still hiding in my room with the cat! But I can hear them arguing over campbell's versus progesso chicken noodle because they loved mine but I limited them. Trying to keep my distance as much as I can.

@Larimar When the virus first appeared, I shut everything down for a month. Then I realized that was not sustainable and the best I could do would be to take every precaution available and be satisfied with that. And I just don't see what else you could do. Remaining productive in isolation is also impressive. Please keep up the good work and continue to check in so we can keep an eye on you.

I'm sorry. Please get better soon friend.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.