Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Charlie Hebdo Muhammad cartoons projected onto government buildings in defiance of Islamist terrorists : atheism

R/Atheism article about Muhammad cartoons projected onto government buildings in France.

Hages 7 Oct 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And yet it's illegal in France to display Nazi flags or memorabilia. Dunno, hope this helps I guess.

You see an equivalence??!!!!??!!

@AnneWimsey No. just some parallels. The people who started all this "let's insult Islam" stuff were in fact real Nazi's doing it to protest the fact that they can't promote their ideology publicly. So in some ways this is playing into their hands. Like I said, dunno, I don't know enough about France to have any strong opinions about this.

I aint mad. Whatever.

SCal Level 7 Oct 23, 2020

I got into a discussion on Facebook with some of the clowns that adhere to this madness, they started insulting me and in the end, I told them this after one of them commented and said that insulting mohammad was like insulting their family, and that I would be offended if they insulted my family:

"My family is a group of people who, just like you, have stupid opinions about a god that they cannot prove exists, so the clowns here can insult them all they want, it does not hurt my feelings, and if I were some weak wimp of a human, I would VALUE yours and other peoples opinions about myself and be insulted, but unfortunately for the ignorant and arrogant bastards, I DON'T value their opinion, I do not know them, and they give me no good reasons to value their opinions . . . . .

Something that they could stand to learn.

These clowns are all weaklings, someone says something that disagrees with what they believe in and they shit all over themselves."

For those who feel that they need to hide behind an Invisible, Imaginary, non-existent Deity in an effort to find a reason to justify their thirst for savagery, brutality, etc, etc, imo, deserve from me neither respect, mercy, pity or leniency.
For instead, from me they will ONLY ever get derision, ridicule and scorn to say the very least.

Good for them imo, the ridiculous deserves nothing less than being ridiculed.
Long Live Charlie Hebdo.

Stupid. I'm not taking the side of the terrorists, but doesn't Charlie Hebdo know that they're just asking for it?

Often one needs to 'stick their neck out' from time to time when making a stand.

Yeah, but they're LITERALLY "sticking their neck out", and it's not the first time. Were you surprised when that journalist was just beheaded? Will you be surprised if it happens again? Or if their building blows up?

@Fit50something Friend, I AM shocked, appalled, disgusted and find abhorrence at ALL violence be it religiously based or anything else.
However, imo, and as I stated before, THERE are times when one needs to take a stand, i.e. stick their neck, metaphorically speaking ( which precisely how I used the terminology btw) in the hope of making change/s.

@Triphid I agree with you in principle, but going out of your way to make yourself the victim of a terrorist attack is not MY idea of taking a stand. Especially when there may be staff members of Charlie Hebdo who might not be on board with the idea. I would never paint a target on my employees.

@Fit50something So, imo, you'd, perhaps, cringe, quiver, hiding in a corner and tell yourself "not my problem" rather than stand up for what is right?
In my opinion there is NOT all that much separating Fundamentalist Islam from Fascism Nazi style or Soviet/Chinese style Communism.
The sole aim IS to dominate everyone, make us live as their subjects, live by their religious rules and religious laws and NOTHING else.
Personally, IF standing up and wearing a 'target' means I'm fighting for the rights and freedoms of my fellow Non-Muslims then so be it, bring it on Mussie Fundies, you'll find that I will NOT go silently into the night, I will NOT surrender without a fight.

@Triphid If you decide for yourself that you are going to wear a target, that's okay. If you decide for OTHERS that THEY are going to wear a target, that is NOT okay.

@Fit50something I tend to think that they decided for themselves to post cartoons of the Muslim Prophet ( Pox be upon him) rather than were literally forced to do so.

@Triphid And I'd be willing to bet that there are at least a few people who work for Charlie Hebdo that DID NOT want to poke the bear...and now those people are in danger. That is what I am arguing against.

@Fit50something And, imo, it IS most likely those are the 'people' that these Fundie Terrorists types will still kill without first asking questions anyway.
Have you ever tried taking a GOOD long look at how things truly were in Germany from circa 1930 to 1945-46?
Regimes like the Fascist, etc, etc, thrived on those who would NOT stand up to be counted but still they too suffered and often died at the hands of those who oppressed them.
Imo, EVERYONE is in some kind of danger should Fundamentalist Islam be allowed to spread its cancer throughout the world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.