Agnostic.com

9 13

Rachel Maddow delivers stinging rebuke of Donald Trump's "ego-feeding" pandemic rallies

By Lee Moran

Rachel Maddow ripped the president as an “epidemiological menace” and “universal donor” of COVID-19.

She referenced reports that case counts of the virus rise in areas following Trump’s recent campaign events, where the vast majority of his supporters stand maskless side-by-side.

Maddow said it was one thing to be angry with Trump for his botched response to the crisis that’s now killed more than 220,000 Americans and is predicted to claim the lives of hundreds of thousands more by February.

“But it is another thing to come to the realization that he really is Johnny Appleseed-ing this thing all over the country,” she added. “I mean, he’s like a universal donor for this thing.”

Maddow said Trump’s “personal ego-feeding desire to do large in-person unmasked events” was not just “callous or tone-deaf” but “one of the things driving this epidemic into the stratosphere right now.”

“He is an epidemiological menace,” she added. “In office, sure, but in person is what I mean.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s part of his insanity, his insatiable desire for accolades whatever the cost, really.

I listened to this and he explains how shrewd the republicans were/still are in only protecting white interests and how the Democrats can turn it around should they win.

Expanding the Supreme Court, Explained | NowThis:

It's nail-biting around the world. The majority wants the Orange man out of office. He's bad for society on the whole, never mind the title of president!

This part that followed was as interesting. The Orange man dismissed, "got rid off important people and purpose" as per this video.

His narcissism has to be stroked with applause and chants on a continual basis. Clearly they don't care about their base or the American people.
It was telling at the debate, when moderator stated the polution from oil refineries disproportionately effect brow and black people and why they should vote for him. He said they are making great money and then went down that road.
Good that Biden said it's not about the money, it's about health and safety. This is not quoting exact words, just as I remember the just of it.

I wish the election would hurry up and get here. For we can get rid of him and maybe get rid of corona virus sooner. For some sheep who follow Trump just because he's the president will get good dose of reality.

@freedom41

Who is "corona"? Your last two sentences don't make sense. Please clarify.

@LiterateHiker sorry I didn't proof read before I submitted it. I hope the editing helps.

@freedom41

Did you mean "get here" instead of "get her"?

@LiterateHiker yes, I will make the correction.

He certainly knows how to bring death and destruction where ever he goes

Crowd size at a rally is the only area where he's still beating Biden. Like all insecure men, Trump is obsessed with size.

That's because tRump supporters are the only ones stupid enough to go out in large crowds in the middle of a worldwide pandemic.

@freeofgod And bikers at the Sturgis rally.....

I think our country is doomed

@EarnestEccentric unfortunately, I don't have much confidence in joe to fix what is screwed up

Rachel is spot on

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 24, 2020

Trump is a clear and present danger to the United States, and everybody in it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.