Agnostic.com

29 15

My cousin's son in law committed suicide. How do we express our sorrow without sending prayers and all the typical Christian expressions that go along with such a loss?

MaryJane 5 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Take action and DO something meaningful in his or her name. Even of its as small as dedicating a song or poem. This is better than platitudes. When I go out, instead of thoughts and prayers I would love it if everyone brought their favorite song that reminds them of me.

Hugs, great big body encompassing hugs. So much emotion can be put into a hug and it can be very grounding for the person who is suffering.

As others have said tell them you are sorry for their loss, look for ways to offer to do things for them, babysitting, preparing food, cleaning, driving them places, feeding/walking pets. Many times people are not even sure of what they need make suggestions to them of what you can do to help.

Let them know you are there and ready to listen.

It is a horrible time for your family.

Loved all the answers below

Yes, Quite a few really heartfelt and loving comments.

Yes they are

My condolences for your loss.

Leelu Level 7 Oct 25, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.