Agnostic.com

1 1

At least the trains run on time.

Fred_Snerd 8 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So because Jake Tapper mentions a gofundme charity site; that's "profiteering"?

@Fred_Snerd I think the late, great Stan Lee would have called that a No-Prize.

@Fred_Snerd I'm afraid I still don't follow what he claims to be his logic; by voting for pandemic relief, the liberals in the Senate gave up their "leverage"? What leverage? when the Senate is Republican-controlled anyway?

Oh, wait- he's a comedian! This is some kind of subtle humor!

@Fred_Snerd What percentage is there in voting against the CARES Act? It provided direct relief for everyone who filed a tax return in 2019, and provisions for other adults who did not file a return to still get direct financial relief; assistance to qualifying small businesses; targeted assistance to industry to keep workers on payroll; and assistance to state, local, and tribal governments who needed it desperately. It pumped $2 trillion into the economy at a time when we were on the verge of another Great Depression. Who was to know that the Treasury Department would make such a hash of the small business grant program?

Could there have been a better deal? Probably, BUT: Compromise is a neccesary part of politics. As I've said many many times; the best is the enemy of the good.

@Paul4747

They had leverage when the corporations were clamoring for a bailout. democratic leadership in the House could have demanded more for the people but they decided to vote for the bill and give their leverage away. We got a little, they got the largest bailout in the history of mankind.

Now people are being evicted in historic numbers, unemployment is enormous, very large numbers of people are losing their healthcare during a pandemic, and droves are dependent on go fund me to survive. Yes we must compromise but we don't have to give them everything they want while accepting crumbs for the working class.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:546898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.