Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Drew and Sharon Discuss Men

Ive always loved Drew for a long list of reasons and admired Sharon Stone Here they are discussing their decisions to be single, away from game playing and otherwise distressful relationships. Tis kind of sad to me. If Im going to choose to spend time with people, I want people I can connect with on a deep level that care an awful lot. I wonder if that isnt actually what people want but they just don't know how or gave up on that.

thinkwithme 7 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sharon Stone was very tactful and charitable with her wording, and I agree with her 100%. Shortly after my divorce I did a coffee date with an old classmate. I explained I was not eager to jump into a relationship and, knowing he was religious, was very frank about my atheism. He assured me he agreed on the relationship thing and wasn't bothered by the atheism thing. Both ended up being lies, and when he soon dumped me for a more compliant woman and then started pursuing me again after she dumped him, he tried to use my frankness and reticence as his excuses for the poor way he had treated me. As if I couldn't see right through that sophomoric manipulation. Shortly after that I had a couple of dates with a man who started in with wanting to control who I saw and where I went, after the second date, no less while also getting more persistent with the hints that he really wanted to "cuddle while we watch TV, " which is code for "I want you to give me sex while I save money by not bothering to take you out on actual dates or expending any effort at all." At that point, I saw much wisdom and comfort in maintaining a stance on dating and relationships much like Sharon's.

Deb57 Level 8 Oct 27, 2020

I had a married guy ask me what my safe word was and I told him it was getthefuckoutofmycar. That's not even a joke I get nauseous at married men who tell my my wife won't have sex with me. Several men have approached me open about their marital discord or griping about their live in partner as a prelude to a come on. Also bragging to me about your money like I'm a hooker is another wow thanks for telling me you think I'm for sale. Im not. It sickened me to read the article about Sugar Daddy "dating site has way more traffic due to unemployment at this time. If she needs money and you take advantage of that then you don't care. If you cared you would drive her to the food bank and be her friend. People be nice to each other, be friends! That is love

@thinkwithme my former husband's mistress thought she was getting herself a sugar daddy. The joke ended up being on her. I now get more of his money than I ever saw at any point during our marriage, and she has herself a poor man that can't balance a checkbook and whom she can't trust out of her sight. Funny how things work out when we stick to the rules.

@Deb57 I'm glad you are at least able to count on some basic financial support.

@thinkwithme It took investing in an amazing attorney and lucking into a good judge who, fortunately for me, were both quick to recognize malignant narcissism.

@thinkwithme I like your wicked humor about the dating game and married men. You tell it like it is and are nobody's fool. That is admirable.

I'm with you on this. My experience has been many people claiming to hate game playing in fact are the game players themselves, same with drama queens, male and female.

Love Drew Barrymore. Despise Sharon Stone.

I think it would be so hard to be a celebrity because it's pretty human to talk shit sometimes and then we put higher expectations on people when they are famous but why when they are still just people. She helped get some schools built in Africa and helped people with HIV so that has to count for something

@thinkwithme She got your attention.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547068
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.