Agnostic.com

6 18

Early voters are dancing their way to the polls.

In Portland, New York, Miami, Philadelphia and more. Early voters are joyfully dancing in line.

"Voters in Philadelphia turned waiting in long lines to cast their ballot into a fun experience ... by mixing in some "Cha Cha Slide."

"The good times went down in Philadelphia, as a large group of voters waiting for early voting in the city Saturday passed the time with some group dancing ... moving in unison to the hit by DJ Casper usually reserved for wedding receptions.

"The viral video's more than just a random feel-good moment though -- it's part of the work being done by Nelini Stamp of the Working Families Party, who's also the campaign director for Election Defenders.

"Nelini and the nonpartisan coalition's goal is to assure that voters are "staying safe and healthy outside of polling places across the country and bringing them some joy."

Joy to the Polls

"More importantly, it's aimed to combat voter suppression and intimidation by bringing "Joy to the Polls" ... which kicked off this weekend in Pennsylvania for the inaugural Vote Early Day.

"The result is what you see here, and Stamp says it feels good to see people responding positively to the movement ... even though she feels the long lines are a burden people shouldn't have to deal with."

[tmz]

LiterateHiker 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m not voting until Tuesday. That’s a good idea should the opportunity present itself.

Wooho! Down with the orange wave of ignorance and stupidity!

Still get a warm feeling from those standing in line winking & smiling as I’d left, having voted a month ago 🙂 I’m hoping some serious ugly weather arrives this Tuesday … for trump & friends ~

Varn Level 8 Oct 29, 2020

Excellent concept, but I doubt that 45 sees it that way.

Great to see the voters ,being out in such numbers and finding a way to pass the time away instead of leaving and not comingback,Most feel it is to important not to vote

That is awesome

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 29, 2020

agreed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:547731
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.