Agnostic.com

2 2

Finally!! A Republican stands up and says Trump's conspiracy theories are wrong.

"Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.) pushed back Friday on Trump’s claims of election fraud taking place in his state of Pennsylvania, saying that remarks by his fellow Republican at the White House on Thursday night were “hard to watch.”

Appearing on NBC’s “Today” show, Toomey defended elections officials in his state and said that he was “certainly” not aware of widespread fraud.

“Look, I saw the president’s speech last night, and it was very hard to watch," Toomey said. "The president’s allegations of large-scale fraud and theft of the election are just not substantiated. I’m not aware of any significant wrongdoing here.”

Toomey said mail-in ballots were taking a long time to count because of the “massive quantity” that had been received and a requirement that election officials not start counting them before Election Day.

He said it was unfortunate that officials in Philadelphia had kept election observers at an “unreasonable” distance from those doing the counting — a situation that prompted a Trump campaign lawsuit — but characterized that as a relatively small problem.

Toomey announced last month that he will not seek reelection in 2022 and not run for governor as many Republicans had urged.

Paul4747 8 Nov 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pat Toomey is an asshole. He's playing Pennsylvania politics. In case he want to run in 2022 he wants to play nice with the voters.

Now that it's obvious that the Trump ship is sinking, they will suddenly start finding some integrity.

Others have been doing the same, I've discovered. Unfortunately it's pretty much those who are retiring and therefore don't care whether Trump voters are going to turn on them next election or not.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:550164
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.