Agnostic.com

27 6

How to possibly tell your parents that you do not follow there religious beliefs?

If anyone out there can hopefully help me with this, I was wondering how you might tell your parents that you are agnostic, not Christian. I tried to say I differ from their religion before by saying I don't care about a god but my mother told me, "oh honey believe me, you care, you're just confused." Any help? Please?

Hollow 4 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All I can say is that your mileage may vary. I told my family that I was an atheist and now my mom is the only one that even talks to me anymore and she's pretty much in denial of it. My step-father disowned me, calling me a worthless piece of shit on facebook before blocking me. Most of my family refuse to acknowlege that I even exist now.

Well that clears the decks for you to find real friends.

@NoTimeForBS It would if I could get out of this bassackwards town in oklahoma. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to leave until my kids are 18.

@JohnnyMiller You've always got us! 😀

Just tell them or lie

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.