Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Pfizer, BioNTech say their COVID-19 vaccine is more than 90% effective

Pfizer says their vaccine is 90% effective. Does that means 10% people get infected? We currently have a 3% infecting rate nationwide. Meanwhile the stock price will shoot up dramatically. GOP is claiming the announcement coming after the election was held back to help Biden. The market will soar today but until the public is widely vaccinated that won't translate into better economic numbers.

barjoe 9 Nov 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, it does not mean 10% will get infected. With 90% immunity the transmission rates goes down below 1. There fore the Virus cannot spread. Same as Polio, Measles etc etc. Now all we have to worry about is the Anti-Vaxer lunatics

I hope it means the incidence of COVID-19 in the vaccinated test group was reduced by 90% compared to the unvaccinated(actually placebo receiving) group. They said that 94 people got the virus of the 44,000 some odd study subjects.

So of the 94 virus cases seen, ~80 were unvaccinated against ~8 that got the vaccine but then got sick anyway? That's a pretty good efficacy rate.
Assuming it's true, I hope it holds against the mutation rate of the virus.

And they are apparently collecting two months of safety data on around half of the study's roughly 44,000 participants -- expected in late November.
Better numbers sooner than I would have expected -- here's hoping.🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.