Agnostic.com

4 1

Isnt it legal to grow hemp? How is it contaminating?

[sltrib.com]

thinkwithme 7 Nov 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a state-by-state question,so seek information in the applicable area!

It can be grown with a license. It is subject to state and federal laws.

Well, it could be the use of pesticides or certain fertilizers if they are draining into a water supply. While the regulators are just getting started, a lot of regulations relate to hemp such as requiring testing and the conditions for storing whatever product is generated.

Legalizing hemp would improve the economy and the ecosystem in this country.

I'm pretty sure George Washington grew hemp. I know you can make it into paper and rope and don't have to knock trees down. I've never understood the resistance to using hemp, a renewable resource. Especially now when we are supposed to be planting trees to eat the CO2 and give us oxygen

@thinkwithme Hemp is in the cannabis sativa family. With marijuana being illegal federally hemp can't be grown legally. President Biden could remove marijuana from the Schedule 1 narcotics list. He could do that be executive order. It would be a very popular thing for him to do and would only be opposed by his enemies who will be critical of him no matter what. It's a no brainer. That would also open the way for the return of hemp to our agricultural economy. This would not be that controversial.

@barjoe

I read actually Biden is opposed to legalization. I thought it was to help persuade the more conservative to his side. Then I read that Trump actually wasnt vested either way in legalizing marijuana not legalizing it.

@thinkwithme I know he has said that in the past. I think he should be open to taking it off the schedule. It's the logical thing to do and doesn't make full legalization. It leaves the door open. States that legalize wouldn't be in conflict with federal law.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:551502
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.