Agnostic.com

4 10

No more lost gloves. A caveat.

While hiking, I often remove a glove take a picture. Not wanting set it down- especially in snow- I clamp the glove in my armpit. Not a relaxing pose. Then I bought ski mittens with wrist straps. Aha!

Today I made eight wrist straps. What a production! I sewed soft elastic loops for around my wrists. Attached the loops to soft hem tape so it's not scratchy. Then sewed the completed straps to each mitten and glove. Just like in kindergarten.

Field test:

I learned the hard way to set aside gloves before yanking off micro-spikes. Snow, ice and muddy slush on micro-spikes drops inside gloves dangling from my wrists, especially when I bang them together to dislodge ice. Oops.

I made the black Velcro straps to hold ($86) micro-spikes on so they don't get lost in snow. Made some for Karen, too.

LiterateHiker 9 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kind of like learning to use Ski Straps ... You learn real fast when you have to hike all over the mountain to get your skis when you wipe out and snap out of the bindings...😳

Great idea! Used to be there was a strap that went up one sleeve and down the other to hold the mittens, I believe

@BudFrank

I hated that.

My brother thought it was funny to grab one of my mittens and pull hard, making me punch myself in the face.

@LiterateHiker ouch!!!

Good idea

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 12, 2020

Yes not fun to loose gloves but straps or strings attached certainly helps one quickly locate them Loved the pic of the micro spikes,have not seen a set quite like this before ,very handy

@RoyMillar

I sewed the velcro straps so I don't lose micro-spikes ($86) in the snow. Made some for Karen, too.

For fun, I posed my boots with micro-spikes in front of a topo map.

@LiterateHiker Oh Kewl ,just noticed the back ground after you mentioned it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552125
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.