Agnostic.com

7 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read many comments here talking about Trump's hate and how it poisons America. Yet, those same people seem to fail to see that their hate towards Trumpsters is just as poisonous. Forgive? Yes - forgiveness is for yourself; it is to release your own hate and darkness; don't poison your life by holding on to hatred. Forget? NEVER - the Trumpsters have demonstrated their ignorance, bias, immorality, pettiness, aggressiveness, and blind privilege. They have proved they are not worthy of being in your life.

During the next four years it falls on all of us to make America into an open, accepting, tolerant, moral, and compassionate country, along with the usual political goals of access to health care, jobs, poverty reduction, progress on climate change, equal justice, etc. Four years from now, America has to be substantially healed with even the Trumpsters feeling that life is better; if not they will come roaring back with a vengeance.

Finally, remember: "The loss of privilege feels like oppression." Oppression leads to violence. If our gain is their loss, the violence and hate will return.

I don't hate Cult 45 members, I DO hate their racism, misogyny, and anti-science. I also hate the half-true talking points that they regurgitate from their conservative media.

In re to making this country more open accepting, etc. I will believe it is possible when the term libtard gets dropped from our vernacular.

@MizJ OR we take pride in being "libtards" - proud to believe in social justice, acceptance of all minority & repressed people, proud of being all those things the people yelling "Libtard!" are against. A word is only harmful and damaging if you let it be so; if you let it hurt you then you have granted power to your oppressor. When years ago I embraced being labeled "white trash", "honky", (and now "libtard" ) I took my power back. Don't let someone else label you lest they control you.

@David_ver_3 I am not a label or a Democrat.

@MizJ Labels are just adjectives. I'm male - a label. The problem comes when we are expected to live & behave on the basis of that label. "Male" is expected to like football. I don't.

Labels have greater and lessor amount of truth; prediction/expectation of life & behavior based on the label is 100% bogus.

I still cannot believe what's happening in the USA right now. It's shocking!

A heart rendering write-up. Scary!

It doesn't bode well for healing the divide. It's nearly impossible to fix someone's racism, misogyny, etc.

@MizJ There's a lot of it still here. We deal with it though. Hate speech means arrest, court case, fine, imprisonment. This way people think twice - pay the price or shut up.

@TimeOutForMe A couple of weeks before the election I was driving by a long line of trumpsters campaigning along the road and I rolled down my window and flashed a single finger salute. In return one of them did a WP (white power) hand sign. Those people can't be fixed and how many will be prosecuted? Try none. Unless there is solid proof such as posting it on social media nothing happens.

@MizJ We've seen the goings-on there. It's bad. Their leader condones this kind of behaviour. It excites him. I'm sure journalists must've gotten wind of his pending destruction and so posed the question many times about whether there'll be a peaceful transition if he lost the election. ...and he refused to answer. He's hateful and bitter. He's got no class whatsoever. If he has any it's probably that letter on his merc ie C or E class, that's about to be taken away sometime soon 😂🤣

@TimeOutForMe It saddens me how far we have gone in reverse, I no longer feel the same about my country and may relocate after the pandemic.

@MizJ My neighbour and I were chatting today. We were talking about the current events in USA and she said we should be lucky we're here, not there! Yes we have corruption at govt level and so on but not as bad as what's happening in the USA. That Orange blister doesn't give a sh** about the USA and it's people. He's turning it into a bloodbath because he cannot have his way. Close to 40% of Americans are not even sure whether the holocaust happened. It's that bad. Plenty of the Orange blister's supporters are uneducated. We hear the interviews with these people. Plenty of them are gullible and clueless of the facts.

In a way the silver lining on the trump cloud is that it has exposed all the hate inside of the trumpers and now we know what they are really like when they think there will be no repercussions. So no, I will not be "reaching out" to them because I know what they really are and will not let them slink back into their camouflage of false decency. They showed their colors and must be labeled for what they are and not have their racism, misogyny, and myriad of other despicable traits glossed over by saying its all better now.

The Orange Turd gave them permission to be proud of and let out that hate, yes.

57 percent of white voters voted for Trump. Since Trump did not do anything positive for white America, except for the tax cut for the richest one percent, I suspect that most of these white voters were racially motivated.

@nicknotes ... you worked that one out alright😅 Now we know 👍

All I have to say is,right on!The day we are finally rid of this horrid person cannot arrive soon enough!

I feel exactly the same. This is not about policy differences. This is about character and morality. Those I have excommunicated from my life will stay there. I have been disappointed in my country many times in my life. I have never bought into our false claims of greatness. These claims of greatness were based on marketing and self promotion. To have this many people vote for an immoral, amoral, lying, misogynistic, racist, ignorant, coward is more than disappointing. I doubt at my age I will live long enough to see this country attain greatness, and this makes me sad.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:552664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.