Agnostic.com

3 5

Humans Have Taken Their First Trip Inside a Hyperloop

A hyperloop "is a combination of pneumatic tubes and contactless levitation. Like current maglev (magnetic levitation) trains, hyperloop pods will benefit from frictionless motion, with two sets of magnets working together to repel and push the train off from the tracks and forward, creating a floating effect'." . . . The pods can transport passengers or cargo at speeds of around 600mph. Several companies internationally are contracting with countries globally to build hyperloop systems to connect major cities. [popularmechanics.com]
See video.

AnonySchmoose 8 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a tech that we need to take seriously..

I agree. Use of Hyperloops would definitely affect the use of fossil fuels.
Maybe that's why some are critical of Hyperloop.
Mag-Lev trains are generally considered to be among the most safe and comfortable rapid transit systems in the world.
I don't feel Mag-Lev Pods and Tubes are much different.

I'm for it.

I am definitely for it.

I think I'd be afraid to climb into one of those tubes. It may be routine one day. I'll be dead by then.

I guess it wouldn't be too different from a mag-lev train, unless you don't like enclosed spaces.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:553100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.