Agnostic.com

3 0

Has saying I told you so ever done any real good? Ever made you or anybody else feel better? Ever earned you the title of a-hole?

Bucky12 5 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"I told you so: is always a deliberate dig at the other person. It contributes nothing to the productive conclusion to a situation. While the person who says it is trying to demean the other, the or she is demeaning himself/herself as well.

I use it as a learning tool. Sometimes it can get someone to listen to the first time you tell them somthing. I've told some of the guys I've trained that a lot to intentionally piss them off. It gives me a little pleasure but more important it makes them remember. 99 % of the time they don't make the same mistakes twice. Get called an a-hole every single time.

All of the above, plus some.

never done any good and I am sure I have earned that title being one in the past

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.