Agnostic.com

27 6

Chronic Pain.

I have severe neuropathy (nerve pain) in my hands and feet due to chemotherapy treatment for Hodgkin's Lymphoma -- believe me, I wouldn't trade it for cancer any day (in remission since August, thank you very much!), but it makes it difficult for me to manage even simple every-day tasks. It won't go away overnight and so I'm finding the best ways to manage it and continue to live my life, but there are days when it just gets to me.

So my question is, how do you deal with chronic pain and how has it impacted your life and relationships?

bleurowz 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a life wrecker for me. I can no longer do the things I love, I struggle to find a partner who can put up with my complaints and the fact that I won't have sex because of the pain. It's cut me off from my friends.

What I do to manage it is medicate and plan accordingly. If I know I have an 8 hour drive in one day, I make sure I have 2 days to recover. I have assisted living devices and I just try my best with what I have

It's difficult. I have chronic back pain and chronic fatigue syndrome. I have to live with my limitations but I don't have to like it. I accomplish as much as I can on the good days and survive the bad days, working very hard to not take anything out on those around me. It is not their doing.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.