Agnostic.com

5 2

Matt makes the case that women should have total autonomous control of their own pregnancies, but that men should not have the autonomy to walk away from a child, regardless of whether they wanted it. Drawing the lines of reproductive rights. The comments are incensed.

summatyme 7 Nov 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Legislators simply see children as part of a country's assets and source of creating employment of interfering controlling people.

I don't agree with any of their arguments.

1. The remedy for the man not being able to decide whether to keep or terminate a pregnancy would clearly be that he can absolve himself of all responsibilities by relinquishing all rights. Don't know why it took the caller so long to spit that out.
  2. "You just want consequence-free sex" is not a counterargument, it's an Ad Hominem attack. He's trying to discredit the argument by claiming the person making it "wants to be a dead-beat dad" (which he stupidly voiced, clearly alerting astute listeners that he was making a fallacious argument). If the counterargument wouldn't hold any water if the original argument was made by a different person (in this case, a woman or a man that was incapable of reproducing for instance) then it isn't an actual counterargument.
  3. Matt seemed to suggest that men shouldn't be able to relieve their financial responsibility because women can't. Women can choose to relieve their financial responsibility through termination, abandonment, or adoption. It's not the same by nature of the process, but it is still a form of that "consequence-free" sex he keeps going on about.
  4. Why should men be required to accept full potential financial repercussions of sex, but women shouldn't. i.e. A man needs to accept that a pregnancy and child and financial responsibilities may result from sex because not paying for unwanted child(ren) may cause undue influence on a women that may make her lean toward termination, yet a women is not required to accept that a pregnancy they don't want to terminate may result in financial responsibilities that a man can't or won't pay resulting in her decision to keep or terminate being dependent on her financial capabilities alone? That just doesn't seem logically consistent. "Life's not fair" shouldn't be the response when a more fair remedy exists.

As I am a fucking frequent Atheist speaker, it was nice to hear Matt employ words as I do. Generally IT'S an gawdamn unFair world to Feminist Atheists. All humans are Feminist Atheists at birth. Nobody is alive without a Feminist woman voluntarily NURTURING them PRE & POST partum. The caller struggled to define his rights by mis-defining his responsibilities. Matt nailed his ass. The only right missing during those minutes of chatter are the rights parents owe to a person born and breathing independently. Matt googled ONE BOY 15 raped by an older woman still ordered to pay child support. That is fair to the child. Another issue in this orbit is male rapist rights to visitation....... many states allow a rapist to act as a visiting father after raping the woman year/s before the child can say da da.... If only we had a world where Feminist Atheism is protected and religion may not be taught or scalped into our flesh. Boys should have absolute rights to their produce just as girls have absolute rights to their labia and clitoris ..... religion is slicing off healthy sex organs and must be prevented from brainwashing children too

Fucking spelchek changed SCALPELED to scalped....my word is a surgical knife in action while the other is an act of genocide slicing off skin from a skull with hair intact .... both are common religious crimes against humanity

@Larry68Feminist Precision of language is important. Death to the autocorrect. 😊

@summatyme just now I see SPELCHEK changed PREPUCE to produce ..... "autocorrect" is an oxymoron there is no such word as spelchek hence my fitting faux label

I like Matt’s view points most of the time, but damn he can be annoying to listen to.

Rights can cut two ways depending how you want to invoke them. This Caller wants to use them to get rid of responsibility. I’m Not impressed by that.

Parental rights ( specially on fathers side) definitely need overhaul, though they appear to be getting better. I had an ex wife who moved from town to town and state to state, effectively denying me visitation. Yet, every time she moved, my state would attack me for not paying child support, ( I was paying her directly and had all my receipts) because she claimed I wasn’t paying. So the state was paying her and tried to reclaim from me. Then she moves to another state, claims it all over again, now collecting from me, state 1 and state 2. Amazing how people can scam the system.
Eventually lost all contact. Each time I went to court ( every 6 months or so) I petitioned the court to enforce my visitation β€œrights”, but all they cared about was money.
After a few years, was finally able to reestablish contact and renew visitation relegated to flying her across the country for a week each year and weekly phone calls. We now have a great relationship. But the court cost me years without her....

Agreed. He's becoming increasingly rude and pretentious each year. Sensationalism sells.

While I do think the caller did well in highlighting that it's not as black and white as Matt concluded, it was obvious he was drawing straws to make excuses. Had he stuck to the general principles of the issue, it would have been a better debate.

I have close friends who've experienced situations similar to yours, and the courts are definitely lacking (as they usually are) with their responsibility of function. Watched many tears shed. A lawyer once told me that our courts were never designed to dispense justice, but to legally settle disputes. And that all legislation is written to that end. Easy to see why becomes the primary factor in most cases.

Hilarious on so many levels, starting with the host saying they are "overtime", and the caller takes about 5 minutes to incoherently spit out his first sentence.....and turns out to be an idiot as well.

Anne, you’re angry. Who hurt you so?

@yvilletom LOL at parts of this!
Yes am full of suppressed rage, but how you got that from my comment....?

@AnneWimsey ah have been the flag waving and neon signsπŸ˜‚

@Canndue ah too have seen the flag waving. neon signs, and the lightning bolts.

@yvilletom just sayin', i LIVE for the day someone breaks in, or tries to hijack my car......NOT going well for them!

@AnneWimsey stay strong, be safe and be wellπŸ˜‰

The caller is a DICKhead and Matt nailed his ass.... how many millions of women made love with a sweet talking penis only to hear the dickHEAD say he has no money for diapers or abortion....the facts must be broadcast daily 6 MILLION WOMEN DIE EACH YEAR DENIED LIFESAVING ABORTIONS AND/OR DEADLY DISEASE PREVENTING CONDOMS....pregnancy kills ....women are not perfect baby incubators nor divine creations of the alleged geebush geehobah ghostholes..... the risk to fuck a healthy female NEVER KILLED a boy inseminating her....internal bleeding from ectopic pregnancy can kill a woman in 5 months sepia can kill a woman in 5 days rapist priests force girls to abort their fetus PAID BY THE VATICAN TO KILL THE EVIDENCE.... I too rage against the World Health Organization under control of the ll2 living gangster popes never distributed a single condom or performed a therapeutic abortion....just once I would like a rapist get an endometriosis uterus transplant under his pancreas watch him suffer and die like millions of women

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.