Agnostic.com

18 25

For the last few weeks,  I've been feeling some kind of way. The general public frustrates the fuck out of me. Covid-19 is rapidly surging in my town and surrounding area, and far too many people don't seem to care. 

A couple of weeks ago,   I worked on a Thursday in surgery with a doctor that by Saturday was in the ICU with Covid-19, and by Monday was put on a ventilator. A pretty healthy guy,  not much older than me. I spent that weekend getting my shit in order for my boys... a file  with my living will,  life insurance policies, and I designated a medical POA. 2020 has brought a lot of changes,  but one thing remains unchanged. I love my work. Being a nurse is one of the most rewarding professions,  and even in the midst of a fucking pandemic, I'll find a way to rise to whatever challenges we face. But, before going headstrong into a long,  dark winter, there was one change I wanted to make. My way of saying 'fuck you' to 2020...I
got my hair done tonight and told my magic making stylist I wanted to ride out the rest of the year with bangs and flames. He delivered in a big way, and in some small way, balance is being restored.

Amzungu 8 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are one beautiful parson. Nurses are way under appreciated. They are angels that help people in need. This past year has been particularly interesting in that both Kate and I have been sick much of it. Kate because of Erdheim-Chester and me just because stuff is going around. I have found that I have an enlarged Spleen and Gall stones, along with something else that has yet to be determined. I hope everyone is doing well and hope things get better.

Yay nurses!

Love it!

Respect to you and your choices!! People like you make this experience interesting.Stay safe and sane!!😎

I appreciate you for the work that you do! I hope the doctor pull through. And your hair is gorgeous.

Love the way it's styled at the back. Awesome cut, awesome colour 👍

The great Reset is upon us!!!

Living within this Pandemic as close as you are is just as a grunt on walking point on SAD, wondering if it will come to me kill me, wound me, or just slowly drive me into insanity!!!

I would say thank you, that can never be enough when you are so deep within the shit with no way out!!!

I have lived that too many times to count within my life!!!

I wish you health and sanity!!!

You can do this you are so much stronger than you will ever imagine or realize!!!

Very well said, thank you. 🤗

Thank you for your Story ,Hair looks fantastic and so do you ,Send warm healing hugs to the Docter ,I certainly hopes he makes it ,such a tragedy if he passes on ,stay safe your self ,My daughter is a psw in a nursing home ,wishing all you health care workers good health and strenght to get us thru this

You look beautiful and can not be thanked enough for the work you do.
THANK YOU!
2020 has been difficult and strange for us all (except the fools running around without masks.) More so for health care providers than anyone.

Eye catching !

You look awesome

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 21, 2020

You look beautiful 🤗🤗🤗

absolutely beautiful

You look awesome. He did a great job with your hair. I admire what you do. Nurses are the heart and soul of hospitals. I know. I spent a month in a hospital in the 90s and the nurses were amazing. Stay safe.

Love!! 😍

Omg, @Amzungu, that's perfect for the fiery warrior you are! (And thank you for being that.) You look fantastic, and balance is indeed restored.

Be this and next year’s boss.

That is the goal. 😉

Fingers crossed we get to see your "fuck you to winter" 'do in the spring.

1of5 Level 8 Nov 21, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:554568
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.