Agnostic.com

15 4

Is it only on iPhones that this app doesn't spellcheck?

I've noticed that on my computer there is spellcheck and on the app (iPhone) there is not.

DominicShaull 5 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wouldn't know. I only buy value for money phones - and Apple doesn't fall into that category.
My current phone has a 4 core processor with a similar co-processor, HD graphics, and a five and a half inch screen, with twin phone sims and yet, unlocked, it cost quite a bit less than $100.

Thank you for asking! I have been writing the admins about this. When I go to reply to an original post -- no spell check. However, when I'm replying to a reply, it's there. Weird and very frustrating. For example, it's not working right now as I write this. ugggg

@sarahjustme I think it has mood swings.

Nah, it only part time spell checks on my windows laptop

Samsung Galaxy (droid) spell checks nothing on the agnostic.com app. PITA!
Sounds like it's the app that is not programmed to spell check.

Mine checks through the keyboard. You may have to switch it on in your keyboard settings. In google keyboard OS 8 Oreo try the gear wheel on the bar above the keypad. Go into Smart Settings.

@FrayedBear Thank you I'll try that!

Maiks ut sew herd two no wat 2 sai. I m um goode speel persun aniwais thou.

I have a droid. Spell checks on posts but not on messages. Not sure why.

Mine checks through the keyboard. You may have to switch it on in your keyboard settings. In google keyboard OS 8 Oreo try the gear wheel only the bar above the keypad. Go into Smart Settings. And i found out yesterday that using dictation is not only great but also has several methods of manually correcting errors.

@FrayedBear good to know! Thanks!

It is not just iPhones. I'm using a Chromebook with the latest version of Chrome and spellchecking does not work. Nor does the browser extension Grammarly which is odd. Chrome should be able to spellcheck within a websites text field. It works on just about any other website. In the app on my Android phone, auto correct fixes spelling errors, but I think that is a function of the Google keyboard I'm using. I would appreciate it if the spellcheck worked since I'm not the best typist I wonder if it was done intentionally or not?

For some reason, it took a few minutes for the Grammarly extension to kick in after I installed it. It is now working on this website while the built-in spell checker in Chrome doe snot work. I used it at work all of the time but did not have it active on my home laptop. It is a useful extension.

Its connected through your keyboard settings in the app versions using virtual keyboards.

Cannot determine such, and I hate spellcheck, certainly a feature I could do without. I did notice however sometimes while using the Android app it automatically replaces letters, and oddly enough misspells words that I did spell correctly, which can get annoying.

My IPhone 7 spell checks for me here. I use the App.

i just got an old laptop from a friend. it spellchecks some things but not others. so idk if its just my laptop, or if its something about this site, but it doesnt work for me either

Byrd Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Not yours alone; mine too. Although in some areas it does spell check, for example as I'm writing this. It's driving me crazy. I've written to the admins about it and they have it on their "to look into" list.

No spellcheck available on this site. It is probably one of those expensive functions, and since this site does not collect dues, we do the spellcheck ourselves (or not) I am hoping for a group of OCD Grammar Nazis who see it as their task in life to straighten out my typing! That would be so cool!

Doesnt spell check on my laptop either

I’m on iPhone and it only works about 5% of the time for me. Which sucks as I can’t spell!!!

I have been typing into notes and the. Pasting in here.

I did notice that a few times my cursor doesn’t show up when you try to click in the middle of the sentance. It is there, just doesn’t show. Kinda wondering if that is what is happening. It underlines the word, but just doesn’t show.

Or going back and editing typos like I just had to do on this comment! ?

There is one on my Verizon Droid

I thought it was your phone that dies the spellchecking and not the app .

I got an android

Me too, but someone here commented their Verizon droid spellchecks, but my TracFone droid won't, at least not on this app.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.