Agnostic.com

29 8

Are you following people and what do you get out of it?

I'm worried that if I follow the people I agree with that I will end up with the bland greyness that algorithms are starting to provide in our advertising (yes I looked for hiking boots once!). I want to know everyone's thoughts, not just those of people I relate the most to. What do you feel can be gained by following people, apart from finding out you have less in common with them than you initially thought?

girlwithsmiles 8 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I click follow on people or channels I find that have interesting thoughts, opinions, facts etc.

I also clicked follow on you because you're interesting, not to far away and pretty 🙂

Lols, well thank you, blush

I tend to think that following people is a vform of stalking...I don't approve of strangers on my Facebook account following me. In this time of insecurity with personal data breaches and violence in the world, I would simply want to comminicate with those I know.

Just follow who you want, try and loose the worry or fear about the system. You know the magicians trick, so can't be fooled again 🙂

The great think about this site is that it is advertising free - so there's no call for tracking algorithms.
Then, there are interest groups, (look under "meet" - groups). So if you are a foodie, there's even a group for you - and somewhere to publicise your mutt or moggie.
Be bold! Explore! I, for one, love getting an insight into the minds of others - and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.