Agnostic.com

2 7

Well just when I thought he could NOT get any dumber, Evangelidiot goes and proves me wrong.
Yes he went looking for an Evaporative Air Cooler yesterday.
At each place he told them if they sold him the one he wanted he would have it installed immediately.
Was told, firmly, " That should he do so then the Manufactures Warranty of 3 years on motor and water pump would be voided and the 5 years Warranty on the frame, etc, would also be voided, it MUST be installed by a Trained, Licensed Installer for the Warranties to remain viable."
So what does Evangelidiot do?
He buys an Evaporative Air Cooler, a new one btw, from a Dealer in Mildura, Victoria ( a 3 hour drive away), drives down, pays for it, drives back late in the evening BUT does NOT bother to either take securing straps or ropes to secure it in his trailer, no spare wheel and tyre for the trailer either.
His Evaporative Air Cooler and trailer survived the trip but his vehicle now needs a good panel-beater to repair/replace the passengers side door, the front left mudguard/wheel arch and the rear left panel as well, courtesy of hitting a very large feral goat at about 90+ kilometres per hour.
Btw, I have given an aprrox. date when I will install his unit, I told him it would be on the 12th. of Never.

Triphid 9 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just did a very quick calculation re- his trip of approx. 6 hours+ for the round trip, the purchase of the Air Cooler, fuel costs, time and wear and tear on vehicle, etc. versus buying locally and having installation included in the package.
Fuel, costs between $1.29 per litre and $1.50 depending on your distance from the nearest Capital city, his vehicle has a 2.4 litre 6 cylinder engine, approx,. fuel usage would around 30-40 kilometres per litre Unladen, fuel tank holds 60 litres when full,
but hauling a 6' x4' EMPTY box sectioned trailer would increase the drag co-efficient hence fuel efficiency would drop,
so one way ONLY it would cost an ESTIMATED $77.00 to fill the tank here, then use up an estimated 12+ litres in traveling given an estimated mean fuel price of $1.35 per litre = 300kms divided by the distance = 10 litres, unless I've made a mis-calculation which is possible,
plus another estimated $13.50 to re-fill on arrival, then do the calculation again for the return journey but add in the weight and drag of both the trailer and Air Cooling unit,which would lower fuel efficiency even further so the costs of the round trip alone would possibly in the region of approx. $181.00 + not including costs of refreshments, etc.
A rough guess at what it will cost to repair/replace the damaged panels, etc, = anywhere between $3,500 and $ 5-6,000,
Add in the cost of the Unit at approx. $2-3,000 for a new unit, = a rough sum total of approx. $8, 181.00 where buying locally and having it installed, which is, btw, part of the purchase price the cost would around the $3,500 - $6,000 depending upon the Cubic Feet per minute output of the Unit you've selected.
Definitely, imo, a case of " A Fool and his money are soon parted."

Do you ever have a dull moment?

Get plenty of those especially when I choose to remain inside or refuse to acknowledge him when he yells out across the fence.

@Triphid He sounds very wearing to me.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes, sometimes he can be extremely tiresome, annoying, irritating but as I said before he IS a good source of ironic style humour with him as the main and only subject though.

@Triphid Yeah, there's that I guess.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes, especially since the menus for television, etc, around here are as bland and uninviting as attending Mass in a Catholic Church or any other church gathering as well.

@Triphid Oh tv is awful most of the time, & each season seems to be getting worse.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Reckon yours is bad, ONE of our Free to Air Channels has repeated Star Trek Voyager so much these days that my parrot knows the script of every episode.

@Triphid Yes, the reruns of so many gets sooooo boring. We have the Star Trek, the Deep Space Nine, etc., which were ok at the time, but not over and over and over......even the ones halfway decent to watch, once is good enough.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Another channel has re-run " New Tricks" at least 12 times in the last year so far and about the same the year before.
These days I've taken to watching either our National Broadcasting Station, the A.B.C., or the S.B.S. Network at least both of those have SOME programs of interest from time to time and the A.B.C. is 100% advertising FREE as well.

@Triphid We have the ad free Knowledge Network, but it does reruns all the time too. Then we have PBS, which also reruns everything. I sit mostly at my laptop, reading books, doing emails, researching things, with music on tv with the cd channels included in our package, no ads there either, just music without video.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I mostly have the Telly on as background when I'm doing studies, etc.
Been doing that ever since my High School days.
Some friends, etc, find it kind of weird that I can be reading 3 totally separate books on 3 entirely different subjects/themes all almost at the same time and still know exactly where I'm up to and what I had read from the chapters, etc, before as well.

@Triphid I have a book on the go in the living room, the bathroom, the bedroom, & all are different. I don't mix any up either. My tv is always on, as you say for background. Since we got onto this tv provider, it has 60 music channels to choose from.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Sounds the same as my routine for book reading as well.

@Triphid I haven't read just one at a time for years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.