Agnostic.com

2 6

LINK How California prisoners raised $30,000 for a high school student in need - CNN

At $0.08 per hour, donating $100.00 is an inmate's full monthly pay. And there were some of those that did exactly that.

This is what prison reform looks like from the inside AND the outside. Should you choose to actually read the article the reforms being made in CA is after the story of the inmates giving the $30K scholarship, about halfway through the entire article. If not reading, there is a short video embedded at the start of the article. This is from Lisa Ling's "This Is Life" series (her content is always worth a few minutes of time. At least I think so.)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I mentored 2 inmates transitioning from prison to local residential corrections half way houses to practice parole compliance anger management continued substance abuse counseling increased outside visitors but zero conjugal visits allowed by Iowa law........ the man who sponsored a child overseas is a free man and got a good job while kid who abused his freedom and walked away from asbestos removal work in the State Capitol Building had his sentence EXTENDED after capture and disqualified himself for parole thus turning a 5 year trick into 7 years hard time.... rehabilitation is a choice not a service

It amazing how people in prison would sympathize with someone of privilege going through hard times. My parents would-be never have been able to send me to a school like that in the first place. I find it difficult to empathize myself. In that situation, I'd gladly transfer to public school if my parents could not afford such an extravagant high school tuition.

@SeaGreenEyez I agree. I may be one of those Americans.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:556875
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.