Agnostic.com

3 0

I get a fairly good idea as to how old someone is if they know what is being pointed out in the image below. So... anybody know what that is?

SpikeTalon 9 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a dipswitch

@EarnestEccentric Pretty sure we called it a dipswitch in my part of 60s Britain. not to be confused with w dipstick which, in later times, when applied to a person, suggested a lack of foresight . We referred to dipping our lights rather than dimming. This reflected the the use of a second filament in the bulb which had the effect of producing a beam with a flatter top which pointed downwards and slightly towards the left by a few degrees.
I'm talking about the cars that I had experience of, so there may be other ways used to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic which didn't know about.

The dimmer pedal for headlights.

Yes, The first cars (and truck) I drove had them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.