Agnostic.com

6 1

Who here is a fan of Daniel Dennett?

Jarucker 5 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am afraid I am not that familiar with him.

You’ll love him, he’s like a big fluffy Santa- looking philosopher.

Oh I heard of him when I left Deism. I watched a talk by him once but don't remember much of the talk.

I Put it on my to do list to become more familiar with his work.

I'm a massive fan of DD & have read a lot of his thought provoking works. As a faithless person I try not to take everything he says on faith (yes even atheists can slip into faith in some 'source of all wisdom'😉 however there's very little I disagree with him (with the possible exception of his idea to call ourselves 'brights' & 'supers' where I'm with Sam Harris - don't call yourself anything.) But I agree with him on the existence of a form of free will - it just isn't what most people imagine it to be.

Paul Level 5 Nov 28, 2017

yea, really enjoy his talks.

mzee Level 7 Nov 28, 2017

He's great. I've conversed with him on email, and he's very friendly and approachable.

That’s good to hear. He does seem like he would be friendly.

Watched a few of his debates. The four horseman were great.

MikeJ Level 5 Nov 28, 2017
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.