Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Southern schools' history textbooks: A long history of deception, and what the future holds

I learned a bit and all I can say is "Thanks Dad!"He was no scholar. 10th grade dropout really. He thirsted for knowledge and taught me to do the same.

IAJO163 8 Dec 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

American history according to one nun in one Catholic grade school in Cincinnati, Ohio, was missionaries canoeing the rivers and converting natives to Catholicism.

Your dad sounds wise, that can't be bettered.
You may like this.

I was mostly an English teacher through the years, but taught some Social Studies along the way. I often added to the material, especially when we hit the Caribbean and Cuba.
When I was in high school, in Lancaster county, Pennsylvania, the home and resting place of President Buchanan (up until tRump our worst presidency - and so far still worse, unless war occurs), we were being told that Buchanan was NOT gay, but most likely had an incestuous relationship with his niece. That says something about the 70's and in conservative Merika: incest was more acceptable than homosexuality.

Daughters of the Confederacy. Kind of like the women's auxiliary for the KKK Rewrote history books and put up all those Confederate Statues.

Absolutely true. It is so bad that there have been more than a few cases of teachers being fired just for teaching about prejudice and discrimination.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:558910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.