Agnostic.com

2 7

Don't waste what can be great years in your life.

I never regret aging, working physically, intellectually, and emotionally so they're more fun years in a satisfying life.

josephr 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Age has only slowed me down in ways I never expected!!!

It depends on the circumstances of my situation.
My sister graduated from high school, got a job at Walmart bought a mobile home and parked it on my Dad's property. She lived there until she died in 2015 of colon cancer. She never had a different job, she never dated a man, or a woman for that matter. She was sexually abused by my Dad and by the time she died she weighed at least 650 pounds.
I'd rather live a short life then endure many birthdays without really living at all.

Yes, i know many people who have lived lives like your sister. Sadly for them. I agree, i would also prefer a short but happy life. Fortunately, i've had a long, fun, and satisfying life with no end in sight. But having almost lost my life twice about 50 years ago, i plan to make the most of it until it ends. And i am curious about what's on the other side too. LOL

Some people just cannot escape the past!!!

The past never leaves them!!!

No matter what is said, done, and accomplished their way never alters or morphs beyond their own soul!!!

If we judge them for their inter toil(s) we condemn ourselves to fate too which we might never deserve also!!!

@of-the-mountain Well, none of us ever escape our past, because it's what formed us. In a sense the past is more of our parent then our parents. Look at Trump and his Daddy Fred, Fred mind fucked Donald so bad that it's killing Democracy even though Fred is wonderfully long dead and gone.

@of-the-mountain I was explicitly responding to your last comment.

Some people just cannot escape the past!!!
The past never leaves them!!!
No matter what is said, done, and accomplished their way never alters or morphs beyond their own soul!!!
If we judge them for their inter toil(s) we condemn ourselves to fate too which we might never deserve also!!!

I was just agreeing with your very last line.
I for one am not imprisoned by the notion that I'm in any way above the human condition.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:559510
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.