Agnostic.com

10 3

Does it almost make you cringe to think about the idea of worshiping a God?

Lol maybe it is just me, but to live my life like that would be absolutely terrifying. I recently had to stop going around people for that matter, due to them trying to get me to believe like them when they refused to use logic. I just feel that of a God isn't willing to do his part of the bargain, he must not be worth worshipping. He could do all these things like talk to people through the sky in the biblical days, but can't do it today? Then again, I'm not the worshipping type.

#god
EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel like vomiting until I dry-heave. 😀 They all have excuses as to why "god" is silent today. That makes me wanna puke, too. 🙂

The thing that irritates me to no end is modern day worship music. For fucks sake it's all the same thing repeated over and over again to the same three chords!! I actually have a softspot for old baptist hymns because a few of them, objectively, are so well written. And those remind me of the feeling I had as a Christian. I'm able to listen just for the nostalgic quality. But there was a girl at my work that played Christian music allllllll day every day and I thought I was going to lose my mind. Like you said, if the God of Christianity existed, he wouldn't be worth worshipping.

Yes! I've always hated the music part lol.

I cringe when I see people praying.

Lol

of course it does

Indeed...it does

Tokey Level 3 Nov 28, 2017

Not if that God was Brad Pitt.

Ha ha ha Ikr!

It was terrifying for me growing up when I read kids could be killed for being to rebellious according to old testament law. Or that the feelings I first had as a teenager would result in activities that could see me stoned to death.

I never felt terrified... just baffled. Like why in the world would it be wrong to be yourself if you aren't hurting anyone? Still completely confused by it.

God was a very big part of my life as a child. I tried my best to live by what was said in the Bible.

In the movie "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?", there is a lontg scene of a KKK ritual, which kind of makes the KKK look ridiculous. I think worshiping god, as seen from the outside looks pretty silly too, even if the participants seem to be serious about it.

Not almost... it does. As a citizen of a free country (The UK) I've been raised to believe that I have inalienable rights that no one can take away from me. The core of this is freedom. An all-powerful being who requires worship necessarily requires a surrender of my freedom of expression.

christmas makes me cringe the thought of a god is just stupid

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5606
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.