Agnostic.com

1 1

Considering how rapidly the contemporary human has adjusted to digital media, how will the introduction of AI impact your everyday experiences?

IBM's Watson is now a cancer doctor more accurate than its human counterparts. You've seen AI win chess and gameshows, but now with the introduction of deep learning algorithms and the automation revolution underway, AI seems to be steadily gearing up for a center stage appearance in the third industrial revolution. Considering this new revolution is about putting technology in the hands of every human to crowd source pursuits formerly controlled by corporations, AI has the potential to uplift the entire human species. However AI has been shown to possess bias (Twitter bots learning bigotry, the Chinese AIs turned off after criticizing China and praising democracies), and humans have shown an almost addictive attachment to information technologies (the infinite scroll trap, the red alert on apps, the dopamine high from social media), so considering both, to what extent should AI be allowed into our lives, especially after General Intelligence AIs appear? Are you afraid of a superintelligent AI? Are you a transhumanist patiently awaiting your Messiah? Let me know.

Greymattersuit 4 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven’t really read much about it so I don’t have an informed opinion about what might happen. But how we anticipate what might happen may reflect our unconscious or conscious beliefs about the nature of reality. If reality is inherently cruel, then a more intelligent creature would see that more clearly and behave accordingly. If reality is benign, greater intelligence would see that better than we do.

skado Level 9 Apr 12, 2018
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56117
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.