Agnostic.com

6 16

LINK SC District Now Owes Atheist Group $187,000 After Losing Graduation Prayer Fight | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In August of 2019, a federal court blocked a South Carolina school district from including Christian prayers at graduation ceremonies. It was the culmination of a six-year legal battle that could have been resolved much more quickly if the school officials weren’t so eager to push God onto those audiences.

Earlier this year, it became time for the Greenville County School District to pay up. And the bill came out to more than $450,000. It was a lot of money wasted because administrators thought schools were churches.

snytiger6 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pay up holy rollers!!!

Bunch of dickless turds.

Amen!

The trouble with those administrators is that they are fuckwits, and fuckwits are usually incapable of recognising that they are fuckwits.

Yeah, but will they pay up?

I think it should be taken out of the administrators' own bank accounts.

@anglophone That’s an idea........make it 2 million

Usually school districts are held liable and forced to pay up - happened in Dover, Pennsylvania (over 2 mill). Tax payers get pissed. Most likely, they have a million dollar liability insurance. My old school got sued - child abuser (I reported it, long story and long litigation); school had the normal million and offered it immediately. Family refused and held out for 2 million.

Well at least the courts are on the correct side.

This time they are. Trump has appointed mor ethan a quarter of all the federal judges.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.