Agnostic.com

9 0

Why Do Atheists Have Children?

We can agree that this life is pretty shitty because we live with Talking Monkeys. And then you don’t believe there’s an after life?! I’m honestly asking this outta curiosity and not insultingly. I do believe in afterlife, and I STILL did NOT bring a kid into this bullshit.

SocialDarwin 5 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good luck with your belief in afterlife.

why does the lowest form of life procreate?

You more active on here now instead of SLUG?

Slug has turned into a one sided extreme right sounding board instead of a debate site.
Boooorrring

@SocialDarwin You'll find this site can be rather one-sided as well, except this one leans more to the left.

I don’t have kids. My wife has 2. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying there’s no reason other than afterlife to have kids. What I am saying is - being that the world is so fucked up, why would u have a kid? ESPECIALLY if there’s nothing but this. We have to to get a license for everything. Why don’t we need a license to have a kid?

“I’ve got mine. Screw the next generation.”

what gives anyone the right to tell someone what they should do and the reasoning why they should/shouldn't? Seriously F off with this stuff.

F U as well

@SocialDarwin I never said FU, I said F off. Entirely different. But you obviously don't know the difference

What could be cooler than talking monkeys?

skado Level 9 Dec 18, 2020

Flying monkeys?

@Sticks48
We do that too...

I do not think that having children, on an over populated planet is a good thing, I have not done so.

But some people feel that giving life to children is a good and fulfilling thing: some people gamble, I don't: I drink, some people don't: some people do weed, I don't: I eat eggs, some people don't. And I am sorry to say that there will be as many different reasons for doing or not doing somethings as there are people, you will therefore end up with thousands of different answers, or none.

To harass future theists and believers.

Stop! You seriously believe that the only reason to bring children into the world is if you believe in an afterlife? Which would mean that after birth we should kill them as soon as possible so they can get to the afterlife? Let's come up with some other reasons to have children that have nothing to do with a non-existent god: Preserving mankind for the future, maintaining society, continuing to evolve the planet. I have had many a day when I agree that bringing kids into this world would not be fair to them, on the other hand many kids have a great life no matter their circumstances or have been able to overcome their circumstances. Your post implies that only people who believe in god and the afterlife should have children. I'm pretty sure those are the last people who should have kids because they are delusional and will raise somebody to be just as
delusional.

lerlo Level 8 Dec 18, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:561686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.