Agnostic.com

6 4

The wealthy are trying to cut the vaccine line. I don't know who would be surprised by this. And, i fully expect it isn't just in California. If anything, in some of those red states it may already be occurring.

[cnn.com]california-patients/index.html

Beowulfsfriend 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Of course they are - the damn buggers!

I guess I'll have to peruse the news again - I've been mostly on a lite diet as it's just not been conducive to making it through the Holidays without screaming.

Really, surprise, surprise (not). Another reason these people need to get their taxes raised. If they can afford to cut in the line they can surely afford to pay more to support the system in which they live. I think, slowly, people are starting to see the true nature of what money does to some people's ego!

Of course they are. And it won't be a surprise when the vaccine becomes very difficult to acquire, and very expensive.

I sure hope no one is surprised by this😟.

I've read that this first vaccine, from Pfizer, has harsher side effects than the one coming from Moderna, so that's a little bit of a consolation regarding those who have to wait longer for their turn.

I'm a little bit glad that I'm in one of the later phases for the vaccine, so I can gauge the side effects from real people taking it, rather than reports I read online. I'll definitely take it, but it would be nice to be able to choose which one I'd like administered to me. I may not have a choice, since keeping it in the deep freeze will be challenging for my island, so I'm guessing my state will order more of the Moderna than Pfizer, for this first wave of vaccinations. We have yet to learn about the other vaccines coming down the pipeline.

I do think that in some cases the well known wealthy folks are in a position to be a role model for taking the vaccine, so that may be one reason some of them are first in line for it.

The only role model of some of these people is one for greed and arrogance.

@JackPedigo And most of these wealthy people can protect themselves with natural barriers, like the rest of us, if they chose to. "Some" are doing it to set an example, but it seems those in the article are just being selfish and feeling entitled.

And not every wealthy person can move to a remote island where there is little to no covid. Larry Ellison, founder of Oracle and who owns pretty much all of the island of Lanai, recently moved there permanently. I'm guessing covid might have played a role in his move.

Just like with testing. The average Joe had a helluva time getting a Covid test, rich, famous and powerful were getting tested every day. I hope they all get allergic reactions.

Hey, maybe in 8-10 months they will grow a third ear or something.....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562067
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.