Agnostic.com

4 4

Everything you need to know about how stupid Brexit supporters are
This Radio show host is fabulous

dermot235 7 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I studied into the EU deeply earlier this year at college. All the options were covered objectively and the best option was being a member.
Now with Brexshit and covid hitting hard on the UK's borders, a taste of a no deal is clearly visible.
The UK government has deliberately refused to act on the democratic choice of the people. That would be a soft Brexit or Norway/Switzerland deal.
What the extremely rich (the 1%) want is to have even more wealth without paying tax, and outside of the EU this is very likely, but inside newer tax laws will take a little more off of them. So, the needs of the very few are being looked after thanks to a 'first past the post/winner take all' way democracy works in the UK. Thus, 48% of voters views are completely ignored and likely more than 51% in reality, as 16-17 year olds were kept out of showing their choice.
Now more of the Brexit bleating anti EU fears have been shown to be false. Many EU countries have closed their borders in the way Brexiteers said the UK could not.
Now the UK will become just another new country in world who will be wishing it had joined the World Trade Organisation. The UK is no longer the world's premiere superpower it was a century ago.
I could make this into a 30000 word dissertation, and perhaps I will once I return to university post covid.

Ah yes @dermot235, well familiar with Mr. O' Brien! He is very good at exposing how ill thought out the philosophy behind Brexit is.

Sha-C Level 3 Dec 20, 2020

Trump cultist with a British accent..

I think the radio host is condescending. Making fun of people you disagree with is not helpful. That's what brought about Brexit and the advent of Donald Trump. Playing gotcha.

The stupidity of the British people and their ruling class has resulted in a lose lose Brexit. It's exactly what Trump and Putin wanted. I have watched Britain, my nearest neighbour spend 6 years pursue this Stupid Brexit policy to the delight of it's own enemies. Making itself weaker and strutting around with arrogance as if it's in their interest to shoot themselves in the foot. The arrogance of the Pro-Brexiteers is astounding and it deserves condescension. In the US you have had to listen to Trump for the last 4 years. In Europe we have had to listen to the British government banging on about Brexit. You are way off the mark on this one Barjoe. What the British have done in Europe is akin to what Trump has done in North America. Just like Trump, Britain has made fun of it's closest allies and neighbours and shown little respect for Europe, all in the name of bigotry against immigrants from other European countries. Just like trump disrespected Mexico and Canada, Britain disrespected Europe. The similarities between MAGA and Brexit are so obvious. Both are based on lies and false facts and ignorance and intolerance of a most distasteful type. It was the older and more conservative people in the UK that voted for Brexit. The younger generation were outraged by what happened. Young people in the UK embraced Europe and the noble project is was and is. It's a great shame that the 2 countries (The US and the UK) that defeated and saved Europe from the horrors of the Nazi's should have turned their backs on the great project that the European Union is. A project that has given Europe the greatest prosperity it has ever seen and a project that has kept Europe at peace for 75 years. I have had to sit and listen to the lies and slander that has been told about Europe by pro Brexit politicians in the same way that you have had to sit and listen to the lies told about almost everything by your President Trump. The Radio host was not playing Gotcha. He was simple tired of people spewing falsehoods and not knowing what they are talking about for so long over so many years.

@dermot235 spot on!

@Barjoe..after years of Rethuglican lies, slander, corruption, gerrymandering, hate radio, Fux News, Nazis, Proud Boys, and an attempted Coup, I have No desire to play nicely. If they get my condescendation, they'll be lucky that's all it is..

@dermot235 I've given an angry face, not for YOUR comments, but the truth the carry about about my countryfolk who in a misguided jingoistic joyride to doom, chose stupidity, ignorance and bigotry over intelligent action.
Once the most stupid of choices was decided upon, I renounced being English and now with BoJo in charge I will be voting for Scotland to become a new sovereign country who wishes to become European again. Then I will become Scottish! Mind you, if a fine Irish lass were to want me.... I'd be happy to go for green passport.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562219
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.