Agnostic.com

8 1

New coronavirus variant: What do we know?

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the side effects of trump's willful cultivation of covid-19 is the proliferation of variants. Millions more victims, trillions more generations, hundreds of mutations.

ALL Viruses are known for their ability to quickly mutate, that's why nobody ever gets 1 common cold, for example.

I am interested to hear what the AstraZeneca crew has to say about this. I get my second (experimental) injection next week.

I just saw Laurie Garrett on MSNBC. Apparently there is now another mutant strain of COVID in South Africa, which is more virulent in young adults. :'(

I heard a virologist this morning on MSNBC say that it hasn't mutated enough yet for the vaccine not to work. It in 70% more contagious, but not more severe.

No vaccine will work on the new variant. The virus is getting smarter because Trump was dumber. The American way of life of six packs and a date on the week-end, charging to credit cards and partying and shopping up to eye-balls in bills, owning a home with a big mortgage after a heavy student debt and an European vacation are history.

They don't. They are learning new things all of the time. What are the long term affects? For people who have mild symptoms, will it show up latter like other viruses? Why does it attack different organs in different people? Many questions.

All of Europe has banned travel to and from the UK.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.