Agnostic.com

6 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’ve lived in the Bible Belt all my life. You don’t realize how strong the indoctrination is. You are taught about hell as children. When you area child you just accept the adults are right. I can still remember being so scared as a child sitting in church and the preacher talking about hell. Then we you get saved you do have an emotional experience. You basically self hypnotize yourself into believing it’s real. Unless you grew up in an environment where you you are looked down upon and frowned at if you don’t go to church then you can’t understand. The fear of hell overrides criticL thinking

ha the irony of the most privileged ppl on the planet moaning about a God that they do not believe exists lol. Gnostics, huh?

Don't disagree with the conclusion, but I have heard better arguments better put. Bit of an also ran.

And yet the world is teeming with idiots who accept that existence claim.

It is a great absence of critical thought. Mix it with lack of logic and evidence.

My ex wife wanted to get a degree. The introductory class was Critical Thinking. It scared her so much, she bailed on her aspirations...

It's indoctrination and brain washing from the time children are born.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:562844
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.