Agnostic.com

8 0

Life?

Would it be better to exist forever or to never exist at all?

Life?

• 12 votes
  • 4 votes
Albronem 3 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given the choices given.

If I never existed I could not choose to exist or not exist since I can't retroactively choose not to have existed. Unless it was some sort of Back to the Future type thing and I can't play a guitar to ensure that my parents kiss for the first time and eventually have sex (which I'd rather not think about). Also, not existing sounds lame and boring.

Unless I had god-like superpowers I could not exist forever. At some point the Earth and the Sun will cease to exist leaving me nowhere to sit unless I could travel through space and find someplace else to sit that was reasonably comfortable. Also I'd eventually die of boredom and/or when the universe eventually collapsed.

I can see where we get a reputation for failing to welcome newcomers. BUT to be fair, we do get a lot of dumb questions.

Geebus, those are the only choices? PASS!

nope.

Your bs Is already tiresome.

Poll doesn't make sense. I'm already here and I won't exist forever. I'm glad I'm here but I'm not delusional and I don't fantasize about immorality.

@Albronem I understand. I always thought that a poll was meant to find out how people felt about a specific point, not to point out horrors. That's just my opinion and one of my pet peeves about polls on here. Nothing personal. Welcome to agnostic.com and thank you for contributing with your poll.

Are those my only two choices? Can't I live with the bittersweet awareness of my own and everything else's mortality, savoring life all the more in the knowledge that it must end?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563004
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.