Agnostic.com

17 16

Christ Message

St-Sinner 9 Dec 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So how does anybody know what he actually said. He spoke Aramaic and was illiterate. Most history was passed down verbally until someone was able to write things down which often took decades. Add to this the multiple translations and interpretations and it would be surprising if present day sayings come even close. For example the (supposedly) original prophesy said a virgin will be married and bear a child. Now we have a virgin giving birth. Stuff like this is real crap and we atheists should realize that.

Most scriptures include writings inserted by people who made up and added to the original scant story told by travelers. Someone smart and a group of savvy people decided to expand and build a myth around an imaginary event that could sell well, I think. This is true about the Quran, the Bible and I know for a fact it is has happened rampantly in Hindu scriptures because I studied them in Sanskrit. It included insertions after insertions for may centuries and nobody cared to cleanse it up. That is what it is full of contradictions and raises more questions on every page than it narrates anything convincingly. So the answer of the establishment was put in practice what we know as.... the weapon of blasphemy.

I used to calculate how could Krishna have 16,000 wives even if he lived for 100 years which translates into doing a wife every night for 7 days and 365 years for 86 years non-stop which was 31,411 nights. That means on the average one wife would get maximum 2 nights in a lifetime if not repeated. There is no mention about how many children he had. Why there is no name of any? Why did he - a God die like Achilles in a jungle as an old man? But I could not raise questions outside the home. I would be a badly raised kid.

@St-Sinner Thank you. All scriptures are BS and in the latest piece in the "Free Inquiry" shows how horrible the true events concerning Passover were yet most just swallow all the wonderful lies, hook, line and sinker. Just more self-effacing nonsense.
[opednews.com]

It does boggle my mind that so many believe this nonsense.

@silverotter11

People have fear and hope everywhere. When people around me (not the family) came to know that I was not a believer many told me what bad things would happen to me for not believing. It takes courage and a progressive community to be in to defy and walk away.

We see high religion and superstitions in unsafe, struggling societies in the world for that reason. I grew up in India where you could do everything right and still bad things could keep happening to you.... like accidents, harassment by the government, authorities and mafia, lost opportunities due to nepotism, corruption. Life is a struggle for survival except for the top 1%. When these things happen eithout any doing of you, you pray and look for a power to be on your side. You are afraid to defy the unknown.

@St-Sinner In todays society we see the super hero movies. I think they reflect what people were doing back thousands of years ago, creating a super hero cause their lives were pretty brutal. They had to some how explain it.

@silverotter11

Yes. Fear, ignorance, life struggle and God go hand in hand. You don't need the crutches of God when you have knowledge, stability, confidence.

@St-Sinner Or Batman, Superman, Xenia the Warrior Princess, etc. 🙂 🙂 🙂

@St-Sinner I'm not into Marvel super heroes either.

ha seems kinda hard to understand huh? i could deconstruct it for you, but i guess that isnt what youre really after anyway...suffice it to say that truth is stranger than fiction, maybe. Are your parents religious, bac? If so, are you not turned against them now? Ah, but im deconstructing lol, ok bye

So that's why Christians have no problem with abandoning their kids because they're gay.

Glad I'm not one of them

Exactly, and this is why I avoid you.

But he loves ya, then he hates ya if you don't follow his rules...sounds like a fucking politician.

For fuck sake - it's a real thing. I thought this was a hoax but nope I looked it up and the niv version is a real thing. What a way to numb the mind.

f•ck you jesus!

Basem Level 7 Dec 26, 2020

Idiots

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 26, 2020

LOL. How do you really feel? 🙂

@silverotter11 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮✖️

@silverotter11 thanks for the sympathy / empathy! Not.

For real? I can't take it. Reading is supposed to increase your IQ not destroy it.

That's what religion feels like. it is true.

don't worry, you havent read it yet 🙂

May I add this from the Old Testament that Christians ignore.

Isaiah 45:7
King James Version
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Yes, thank you.

...such crap doctrine honestly 🙄

ha would your parents agree with you? Then i guess you are turned against them, huh

@bbyrd009 my parents had no choice in my life. I wasn't a puppet or a follower of any religion. ...and they loved me to their end. I didn't have to be against them. They knew my outlook in life was different. I wasn't programmed.

@TimeOutForMe ah well for that i would give them credit, but that is kind of beside the greater point imo? In the matter of religion, you are "turned against" them, right

so iow no offense meant ok, but is it about you, or understanding a passage?

@bbyrd009 I wouldn't say I turned against them. I turned away from hinduism. I still stayed in the same house, so still learnt more about their faith until I left home. I used to visit xtian churches too to observe the differences eg the Anglicans and Catholics still fast for lent but the Anglicans don't pray to Mary or do confession as far as I can remember. I visited Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal etc I was inquisitive and curious. All a bloody hoax. ...the house that Jack built if you know what I mean. No substance, no truth.

@bbyrd009 things were not that pleasant because I disobeyed or turned my back on religion. I was called stubborn, naughty, cheeky etc. I was just my own person and they were challenged by that.

@TimeOutForMe "I visited Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, Pentecostal etc I was inquisitive and curious. All a bloody hoax. ...the house that Jack built if you know what I mean. No substance, no truth."
so essentially ezackly what the Bible says, if you can believe that

@TimeOutForMe "I wouldn't say I turned against them."
"things were not that pleasant because I disobeyed or turned my back on religion. I was called stubborn, naughty, cheeky etc. I was just my own person and they were challenged by that."
so either semantics or the diff in male and female logic, dunno.
but you might note how many "I"s in there 🙂
oh, timeoutforme duh

@bbyrd009 Yes I (again) did not conform.

@bbyrd009 the bible got new crap duh

@TimeOutForMe "Yes I (again) did not conform."
hey, im a non-conformist too lol, i totally get that; my point was that the Bible describes your non-conforming as "turn children against their parents" prolly. Which you don't have to agree with i guess, if you like 🙂
"the Bible got new crap" i'm not getting, sorry

This has to do with that smite thingy doesn't it.?

Buddy Christ would never say anything like that.

Or partners, when the end comes you have to forsake all others and go into the light...what a fun story eh?

Point well taken.

Just out of curiosity , if you're already decided it's not believable , why do you continue to spend so much of your time and energy discussing non existent religion ? When I joined Agnostic.com , I thought it meant religion would not be the central focus of the majority of discussions here .

That's correct but today is different.

Here, on this site, I discovered how much damage is done by most religious training. It becomes a life long process to heal. Another reason for dwelling on all of this is the damage done to the world by fanatics of varying degrees and the need for solace and love. It could be that all this dogma crowds out the real message. As to what that message could be is, for me, the real subject and I feel this is the important thing to dwell on.I would even go so far as to say, if there is a Supreme Consciousness, It is being obscured by all this religion. That would also mean that whatever valuable writings there may be in the Scriptures, are rendered ineffective by the rest of the garbage such as the quote above. Perhaps we will have a more loving society if education improves and becomes more accessible so that people can think more for themselves and have the skills to apply logic and reason. Humans have the capacity for compassion or for cruelty, which is the sickness of humanity. Erich Tolle claims that humanity is insane. His writings are sane and provide great comfort. We need more people like him to replace the priests.

omg, an actual agnostic. Hi 🙂

and yeh, why they don't just call this site "atheist gnostics" and be done with it idk!

whats the quote, something about "small ppl discuss _, avg ppl discuss __, and big ppl discuss concepts" guess i better look it up lol

@think-beyond dang, well said
i would except the "garbage" part, and say that the truth of that passage isnt really very hard to discern, but you make some good points imo

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.