Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Vitamin D and coronavirus: Study show more than 80% of patients were deficient

(Living in the Pacific Northwest, where it is often cloudy and raining) I take vitamin D supplements)

Researchers discovered 80% of 216 COVID-19 patients at the Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla had a vitamin D deficiency. Men had lower levels of vitamin D than women and COVID-19 patients with lower levels of vitamin D had increased serum levels of inflammatory markers such as ferritin, a blood protein containing iron, and D-dimer, a protein fragment made when a blood clot dissolves in the body. The latter is usually elevated in COVID-19 patients, according to a July study published in the “Journal of Intensive Care.”

snytiger6 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was told by my doctor I am her only patient over sixty she doesn't have on a vitamin D supplement. I drink a lot of milk.

I'm so glad I drink 3 gallons of milk a week more than ever.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.