Agnostic.com

9 16

Let's share pictures of the beauty of Winter.

1. Mt. Cashmere (8,501 feet) from Badger Mountain at sunset, Dec. 2020.

2. Dried Pinedrop plant in newly fallen snow, Jan. 2019.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@Buddha

Your first photo is sideways. Try again.

Here you go. Christmas roses in the snow, our village church, and my garden.

@Fernapple

Love your first picture.

Heart Spring and Lion Geyser, on the Upper Geyser Basin in Yellowstone Park, not far from Old Faithful. I lived and worked there for over three years.

I was snowshoeing at Snoqualmie pass on Tuesday, going back to Telemark ski tomorrow.

@Robert_2001

Good for you! Love the second picture.

My backyard is not nearly as spectacular but it does look peaceful in the snow.

I like it

I will go with picture on the left.

Sadly, we're in that phase where it isn't pretty. We had snow a few days ago, now it has melted down and it's just drab and dirty now. I love the colors in your pictures. The blue of the mountains and the pink of the sky are just breathtaking.

@LiterateHiker That is gorgeous, breathtaking.

@LiterateHiker beautiful pic

@HippieChick58, @Canndue

Darn it! when I edited my comment, the photo was deleted. Try again.

@HippieChick58
As the sun descended in the west behind the Cascade foothills, the foothills turn a deep blue.

In summer, we get a Maxfield Parrish deep blue sky with black foothills outlined. Gorgeous! Then an hour-and-a-half of cooler temperatures before dark.

Here's sunrise in Wenatchee, WA where I live, January 2018, again looking west. Wenatchee River flows from the Cascade Mountains into the Columbia River.

@LiterateHiker hmmm... live a few miles from where Maxfield Parish lived. Those mountains are majestic.

Bond Falls, UP Michigan, December 26, 2020

Beautiful colors in the landscape scene!

@BudFrank

Thank you. The photo was taken at sunset.

@LiterateHiker I was looking at the colors when driving home yesterday, thinking how bright they were. I was reminded again that Ansel Adams took almost all his pictures close to dawn or sunset

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:563847
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.