Agnostic.com

8 0

I am a journalist and news editor, I work with more than 7 TV station and news agency .

before 1 year , i get fired from work because I don't belive in thier religion.

more over, in another agency they treated me in bad way because they discovered that I did not believe in what they believed and i have diffrient thinking .

Although I respect all but !!!!
this happened to you before?

EhabJohn 3 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

turkey is a mess and has been in a state of civil war for a long time. now the idiots at the top want to use religion to cement their power base. such a shame as turkey could have been like iran in 1956 . HEADING TO BE SECULAR. but thanks to the CIA and BP and Texaco are in the 14th century as we speak

I agree with u .

Did someone snitch on you or were you very open to any/everyone about it? I'm a teacher, and probably the only humanist in the building. Also the only vegan there. I take some flak about my animal-freeness, but it's ok. I don't advertise my humanism though.

Actually i don't like to talk about my thinking with anyone , but they check my tweeter account and Facebook posts ,whatever its my fault too to share anything in social media.

Technically it's "illegal" in the United States, but there are so many ways around it that it's almost impossible to prove that you've been discriminated against. Being a journalist in today's world is getting harder and harder. They're beholden to corporate supporters, the whim of lazy readers, and the constant barrage of comments from angry people because they didn't like what they read. It's a little disconcerting to watch.

Even if i have a prove , i can't do anything , im not Turkish so i don't have any right to do anything.

I'd say that is a risk you take working in a society that is not free although it seems that those in the free society that supposedly exists in the US seem to be taking a beating they don't deserve.

SamL Level 7 Nov 28, 2017

We said the Pledge of allegiance every day. Said a prayer on monday for the week. I just went along with it. It was bad enough for me that i thought Trump was a bad choice. I think you have a discrimination going on.

I take it that this occurred in Turkey? No, I haven't been so unfortunate, but others on this site have.

in Turkey and other countries too .

How is that even legal?

It's in Turkey, not the US...

he is right

Sorry that happened to you, EhabJohn. It's a sad commentary on the agenda-driven news media that a person gets fired based on their political or religious beliefs. News media should not have any political, ideological, or religious affiliation- they should just report FACTS.

thank u , ur right , but in some countries they don't have press freedom or right

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5645
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.