Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK The Positive : benshapiro

R/BenShapiro meme featuring Karl Marx

Hages 7 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As the American historian, Charles Beard once wrote about Karl Marx: for a man who could speak as many languages as Marx could, and who had as many University degrees as he did, he must have known at least something.
Marx was also a prodigious writer. And one could spend their entire life reading his works, and never read them all.
I find that in the U.S., even 'educated' people know practically nothing about him.instead, his name is used as an epithet to be hurled at anyone who dares to critique Capitalism's shortcomings.

Karl Marx was not one of Groucho's brothers.
[intellectualtakeout.org]

@Hages I never saw that quote. I thought I was being clever. Did you read the link and see what a despicable person Karl Marx was?

@Hages You mean the followers of the teachings of Friedrich Engels? He was a bad guy, even people agree with his manifesto. Who cares what his followers say?

Even an academic from a military college should know that you have to reference the alleged facts in your articles to be credible. Only a right wing rag funded by the likes of the Koch Brothers would print an unsubstantiated character assassination as a way to undermine the subject's academic contribution.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

[sourcewatch.org]

@Hages How convenient for you to ignore the fact that the article is not academically sound and therefore unreliable.

@Hages I don't like Ben Shapiro. He's a unbelievable fucking piece of shit. Karl Marx was a mess. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Hages Thank you. I'm fine with you disagreeing with Marx. What I'm not fine with is unsupported factual allegations regardless of the nature of the article. The article may be true in whole or in part and it may be untrue in whole or in part. The article is unreliable and the credibility of the author and the publication are called into question for this reason alone.

Even worse, never in the pursuit of my degrees or in my entire lifetime have I seen a character assassination intended to undermine the subject's academic works that sunk so low as to address things like the condition of the subject's home. Such personal attacks, even if true are entirely inappropriate and would not be given any credibility In an academic setting or by anyone with personal integrity. Truly a disgusting article.

@Hages I'm sorry, I just can't take that article seriously.
It's grossly irresponsible to publish an unsubstantiated character assassination, particularly one regarding factors irrelevant to the subject's area of expertise. I would in no way outside of this interaction reference that disgusting article and it's not necessary for me to do so because I know that no one who knows what they're talking about will pay any attention to it. I appreciate your comments just the same.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:565963
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.