Agnostic.com

5 4

Well today it has been 20 years since I last held your hands, heard your sweet voice, saw your beautiful face my Beloved Lorrae Kathleen.
Time may march onwards but to me it is often still that very sad, unforgettable Sunday Evening when Aunty Chris ( Aunty Irish) and I held your hands as left us forever with your very last words, " Luv yas forever."
Tonight, as I have done for the last 19 years, I light the Flame of Remembrance in YOUR Garden, raise a glass and remember you, as I have done every single moment of every single day, my Sweet, Beloved, "Wild Thing, Sasquatch, Light of my Life."
And say the words. " So long as there is ONE who will speak my name I shall NOT be forgotten."
Sleep well my Princess, Sleep Well.

Triphid 9 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure what to say to such a wonderful expression of love and grief, but we're with you today brother.

Thank you Friend and Brother for your kindness and regards.

Beautiful tribute, she undoubtedly was a lovely person.

Thank you, to me she certainly was.

It's certainly true that the pain never goes away. 21 yrs for me and when I first glanced at your post I was going to quickly flick past, before I was reminded of my own pain.

But weren't we lucky to have had them for as long as we did? How lucky to have known such love and friendship.

Yep, she was, beyond a shadow of a doubt the very BEST thing ever to happen in my life ever.

So long as there is one who speaks her name...♥️

Beautiful garden, & I've teared up. Damn cancer!

That Garden was built by own hands, designed by me, measured out in precise Royal Egyptian cubits and represents the Egyptian Ankh, the symbol of Life.
The statue of the Rearing Horse with both forelegs raised represents that she died in battle as do ALL statues of Rearing Horses on monuments to fallen Warriors everywhere.
A statue of a Horse with 1 foreleg raised says the person died of wounds AFTER the battle,
All four legs planted firmly on the ground says that person died long after the battle happened.
IMO, she fought like a Warrior, died whilst still fighting and deserves such a monument.

@Triphid It's lovely.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Like her Dad, Lorrae was rapt about anything and everything to with Ancient Egypt.
So what better a Monument than the " Ankh Garden" could anyone give her?

@Triphid Perfect.

@Lilac-JadeCanada 10 hours a day for 2 weeks, pushing wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow loads of stone, measuring out each spacing individually, setting each stone into place solely by hand, finding the perfect statue, etc, etc, and it was worth every
single second, every drop of sweat and every aching muscle to make it just for Lorrae.

@Triphid Marvelous job.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566572
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.