Agnostic.com

1 2

So what a day today was...I returned home to see this. Fucking ass clown Trump's followers storming the Capitol like it was the Bastille. There is so much to unpack in today's incident (Trump's fanning flames, the rioters/domestic terrorism etc, calling of metro police, state police, national guard etc).

VineetHonkan 7 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I agree with your sentiments, to compare what we saw today with the plight of those who stormed the Bastille, after living under centuries of oppression at the hands of monarchs, elevates the former while demeaning the latter.

my history isn't that well read upon Bastille. Granted the reason was probably greater for Bastille than this, which as you say makes my analogy a bad one...sadly though I cannot think of another analogy...

@VineetHonkan The storming of the Bastille marked the beginning of the end for the French monarchy, and Bastille Day (July 14) is a national holiday in France.

When it comes to mob behavior, I believe that it depends on the situation. The rioters who stormed the Bastille had been oppressed for too long by monarchs who lived in opulence while the people starved for bread. On the other hand, the well-fed mob who stormed the Capitol is comprised of, yes, she had it correct, a 'basket of deplorables' goaded into action by their hero and charlatan in chief who looks and acts more like an over-the-hill WWE wrestler in a suit than he does a President.

Consider, just for a moment, what might have happened had the mob been successful in breaking into the House chamber, while it was still in session.

@p-nullifidian thanks for the history lesson (and for explaining why my analogy was wrong).

@p-nullifidian if I was in power I'd have every one of them arrested and put to death immediately. Starting with the Republican traitors in Congress, cabinet, trump, and every member of his immediate family.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566585
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.