Agnostic.com

2 10

LINK This Insurrection Demands Justice - Yes! Magazine

"Trump encouraged this insurrection against our democracy and tweeted his support for the rioters while he refused to deploy the National Guard to defend the Capitol. He can’t be trusted one more hour in power ... We can’t have a repeat of 2008, when the incoming administration of President Obama declined to investigate George W. Bush and his administration for leading the country into the disastrous Iraq War. Obama wanted to make a gesture of bipartisanship and unity ... There can be no unity when one of the two parties has demonstrated its contempt for democracy. There can be no mending of the country when those who are still breaking it have not been held to account. There can be no reconciliation with domestic terrorists who wouldn’t hesitate to use violence against us and our government again, and in fact have promised to do so."

How can we encourage our members of congress to put pressure on the Vice President, the cabinet, and both houses of Congress to invoke the 25th Amendment, so that Trump can never hold office in America again?
And if we can't invoke the 25th within the thirteen days left in this administration, how can we hold accountable the nearly one-hundred-fifty congress members who denied Biden democratically won the election and stood by while Trump incited violent mobs. Merely censure them or can we expel them from Congress as supporters of treason and insurrection against U.S. democracy? Seems like we must do much more to make sure this doesn't happen again.

AnonySchmoose 8 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Try the dogs of Sedition for treason and lob their heads off on Stone Traitors Mountain, and let them drop to the bottom .

That level of punishment would be justified based on atrocities his supporters have committed -- sedition, treason, murder.

We must remember that until Trump leaves the Republicans have control of the Senate. That definitely lowers our options.

Yes, our options are almost nonexistent.
How can we make sure our options remain open from Jan. 20th on?

@AnonySchmoose if you have a democratic congressional representative, I think it would help to be aware of possibilities and make sure you're representative knows what you want. If you have a republican one in my estimation there's no point.

@Lorajay
All of Hawaii's senators and representatives to the U.S. Congress are democratic. I already write emails and make phone calls to my MOC's about climate change, so I'll mention the need to make other MOC's accountable for their actions which undermine democracy. I hope there are even more ways to ensure that democratic processes are protected and upheld for everyone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:566956
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.