Agnostic.com

10 1

What's up with reality?

Why is it that ppl need to escape reality instead of just living?

Cornbread 3 Apr 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many people live stressful lives, a little escapism is rejuvenating.
Sometimes reality is fucking horrible. Molested and abuse children, an abused and/or cheated on Spouse. Or maybe someone pounded by misinterpretations of religious scriptures.
Plenty of reasons I suppose.

Don't know. I usually try to stay away from it. I'm more comfortable in a book or on the computer.

Reality is complicated, ever changing and often unpleasant. So,many peopel choose a stable fantasy such as religion, because it is simple, doesn't chane (ate least not noticeably over theri lifetime), and the fantasy is much more pleasant than actual realities.

cava Level 7 Apr 13, 2018

Because its a scary unfair world.

It depends on ones reality. If you are Syrian right now your reality sucks. If your battling a fatal disease your reality sucks. I could keep going, but l think you get my drift.

People aren't /can't make the lives they want. Our society has put far too much pressure on everyone. People need an outlet.

Should I just decide what you mean by that?

One can create their own reality to suit their needs. Of course, not the best way to approach life. IMHO

IDK? Like daydreaming?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:56703
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.