Agnostic.com

2 12

LINK Becoming an Atheist made me realize how much religion has poisoned everything(WARNING Long Post) : atheism

r/atheism page with a user’s long story of how religion poisons everything

Hages 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion does poison everything. Then we pretend to be so smart when we debate the importance of religion and wonder if gods could be real.

ok so ill suggest fwiw that atheism can easily become a "religion" also, and even is, for most, as indicated at "when i became..."

bc after all, what does "religion" mean? The def used to be "engaging in rituals, done by rote, 'i drink a cup of coffee every morning, religiously.' "

so, if you will accept it, i submit that most or all ppl "worship" something, be it money, self, whatever, and you are both as "religious" as it gets, imo, and Gnostics to boot, like most all religious ppl are; "Religion does...," "is a great place to start," etc

so, ima leave and let y'all continue practicing your religion now, but i hope you will consider your position

@Hages my objection to Hitch's book is that imo he has (terminally, in his case) connected Yah with religion, when the Bible makes it pretty clear that Yah detests religion, it was a "theocracy" that imploded in the NT right

@bbyrd009 Atheism is a religion like bald is a hairstyle.

@DenoPenno well, i agree that that can be true, sure...but the hirsute can also shave their heads, right? badabing, "hairstyle?"

I don't like to quote Marx because I'm far from a Marxist but this is his great moment for me. "Religion is the opiate of the masses"

@Hages He's an ass. Quoting Marx doesn't make you a Marxist. You could be, or not, but it's a fallacious conclusion.

"I don't like to quote Marx because I'm far from a Marxist but this is his great moment for me. "Religion is the opiate of the masses" "
ha, 180 degrees away from ...after He has destroyed all rulers, powers, and authority huh

why do we pay so much attention to gnostics?
(we're tired of this manna, give us some meat to eat!}

@Hages um so wait you detest religion but you are taking it as a class?

hey, lookie what i found, first half seemed on point, on Marxism [patheos.com]

@bbyrd009 Religious people are fine so long as they don't troll me. Don't forget to go to church tomorrow.

@barjoe "going to a place called church" lol
and on Solday too narf
not me bro
um and i gave you a like? how am i trolling? ty
"Don't forget to go..."
ah, slowly sinking in now, lol

@Hages i got some notification by you, can't find it sorry

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567385
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.