Agnostic.com

6 1

You can never stop killing with killing nor violence with violence.
What in world is Washington going to achieve by this total nonsense?

Castlepaloma 8 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[humancondition.com]

Nobody likes a complainer

So here is a brilliant explaining of this and our human condition. A new way of thinking.

Why would I expect a change in the American people? Up to the Six shooter, bow and arrow was king killer.

Where I live, my car door and house door are always open.

trump has corrupted and killed so much of our country
Wilson is an asshole but I think he may be my kind of asshole especially as it applies to trump

Sorry, don't have a filter system, when it comes to senseless deaths.

Five people have died at the whitehouse and Trump encourages it, what a distraction!!!. In my books, Trump is the worst criminal in human history, yet he is the product of the people.

The handing of the covid world order is the greatest killer. People are so deeply programmed, they can't see its far worse deaths toll by poverty and by the health care system ever since the world war two. Covid deaths is not the greatest worry, get immune to it. Locking down the world is not the answer.

The greatest threat to humanity is the natural environment, covid is another environmental animal disease. And who is worst for the enviorment than Trump. I made most of my money in the US and lost $10,000 to Trump. No sense suing Trump, he is world champ at it. I get rid of negative people, like him, why can't the US citizens do that?. I left the US for all the senseless imprisonments, wars, murders and violence. The US is the more divided now, since the Civil war.

I can't imagine running out of ideas to kill someone. Yet billionaire can't stop working on more ways to kill us.
There is your source, STOP IT!!!

Wars are simpliy unjust and covid deaths have reduced by our immune system that just needs more practice. About 75% of human deaths are by heart disease and cancer in this world, which half of the hospital are empty because of covid. Covid is less than 1% of deaths. Suicides kill more people than murder and war That is what the US is doing to themselves, suicide. When are they going to turn his insanity around?.

I have never ever felt the slightest desire to "turn the other cheek", in fact it was one of the things, around age 6-7 that made me think about what religion wanted from me....
Sometimes "making an example" is required!

True, making yourself as an example of honor or integrity. Rather than always sucking up to red flags of religion and politics personas is a better path. It's self servings first, not selfish.

Technically, killing everyone would stop the killing...

As long as life feeds on life, violence and killing will continue.

@yvilletom I assumed they were referring to people.

@JeffMurray People are a form of life.

@yvilletom Yes, but not all life is people. What's your point?

@JeffMurray Killing and violence will not end while there is life.

@yvilletom Again, I thought you were referring to humans, but in that case my attempt at humor point still stands. If we reach the point where there is exactly one living organism left, killing and violence will have ended while there was life.

@JeffMurray Humor requires the violation of expectations.

In your attempt at humor:

1. what is the expectation?
  2. what is the surprise?

@yvilletom

1. No one would suggest the killing of every single human life (or every single living organism) as a counter to the idiom.
  2. I suggested it.

@JeffMurray Choose a different subject — not killing — for humor.

I saw Castlepaloma’s words and briefly considered doing something with them. I decided to not try.

Then I saw your attempt. I studied technology and did a career in it. Technology engages a serious part of my mind, and that part of my mind answered your comment. My mistake.

@yvilletom
Nothing is "off limits" for comedy. To say that some things should be off limits because someone or some group would be offended for instance allows for everything to be off limits because you could always find someone or some group that would be offended by it.

But aren't you the one that just said, "Humor requires the violation of expectations"? So if you're expecting people to not joke about killing, doesn't that allow for a greater opportunity for humor?

Not sure what the rest of your comment about technology was supposed to mean.

Anyway, it was an absurd answer to a proposition with an absurd premise. The fact that someone is making a claim with an absolute like that begs it to be contradicted. The bottom line is that if you kill all the killers, the killing stops. If you then claim that new killers would arise, that then make the original implied argument defunct because whatever other way to stop killings is suggested would also be invalidated by the "new killers".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:567534
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.