Agnostic.com

12 19

The deaths of 9,000 infants in Irish homes for unwed mothers proves how little value women had in the eyes of the Catholic Church?

"Thanks to the conscience and good works of Catherine Corless, the remains of 802 children, from newborns to three-year-olds, were found in a disused septic tank. They were discarded there between 1925 and 1961, shedding a light on a nationwide system of religious abuse."
And
"How women were treated by the Catholic Church in Ireland – with the tacit collusion of the state – serves as a painful reminder that, while, since Monday, they may be allowed to serve on the church altar by decree of Pope Francis, they remain as outsiders.

In August 2018, the Pope had an opportunity to make real amends to the women of Ireland, to the victims who suffered at the hands of his Church, and the little dead children whose mortal remains were tossed into a septic tank as their final resting place, by visiting the site of the former home the nefarious deeds of which were uncovered by Corless." He didn't.

[rt.com]

Also read Corless's acount which include a link to the commission's report:

[irishtimes.com]

FrayedBear 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being from Ireland I have seen this nasty disgusting cult called the Catholic Church take hold of a society and kill Babies, abuse Children and spew it's hate against womens rights and everyones freedoms. Dumping Babies bodies in a septic tank after they were starved to death because they were the spawn of unmarried mothers. And then they claim to be Pro-life?

Got to have a hook to hang folk on. Bodies nailed to crosses isn't enough.

In religion women always miss out, always.

Evidence?

This is what will happen when delusional people who eat flesh and blood as a religious ritual is given authority.

Good point.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, over the centuries the RC Church has committed a holocaust against so called sinners and "heathens" (especially those who also happen to be women the very source of sin) that should make the world tremble in rage and unleash a fury like no other before it, and yet every time another atrocity comes to light, the world shrugs its collective shoulders and say "oh well they're not like that anymore" against all the evidence that they are and will continue to be so, so long the pontiff of Rome is treated with the respect due only to democratically elected world leaders.

Sounds a lot like what Georgia Tann did. Has anyone ever read Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate? Really good book!

Did Tann throw bodies in the sewer?
[en.wikipedia.org]

Comparable to the work of Anjezë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu.

Worse if possible.
[jaborejob.com]
[balkanstories.net]

@FrayedBear So politically incorrect. Kudos!

@PBuck0145 nothing to do with PC more telling it as it is. There was nothing beatific about the psychotic wizzen sadistic psyco.

When I first learned of the Madgalene Laundries and the atrocities committed in them I was stunned, then piecing together unspoken bits from my father's catholic side of the family I found out that his twin sister had been sent to one to have her first baby and that afterwards her mother told her she should marry the first man who would take her as she was spoiled goods. Luckily she married a lovely man who cared deeply for his family worked hard and provided well for them. Also very musical and I remember him from all of the nights he played Beatle songs as well as some oldies with my Grandfather and Father and eventually my brother and his son joining in. The music gene gave me a wide berth.

The same grandmother who HAD to marry my grandfather due to the fact she had gotten pregnant with my father and his twin, and who had a priest stand at the end of her bed after the birth of my uncle (he had juvenile cataracts and was blind in one eye) and told her this was god's punishment for conceiving children out of wedlock.

Now atrocities by the catholic cult no longer surprise me and I no longer expect them to acknowledge nor make reparations as they are soulless and evil to the core.

Children are still treated as possessions & assets by parents, religions, governments, slave traders & pedophiles.

A colleague of mine wrote a book on the history of the Magdalene laundries, doing so almost caused her to have a nervous breakdown.

@LenHazell53 That would not surprise me, the torture and barbaric treatment of the women there and their babies would make most people emotional wrecks.

Are you sure that the mothers weren't so beautiful, that the babies died out of surprised shock? Because that happens with Irish women. One needs meds to take rushes from them.

Please explain.

@FrayedBear

What exactly about the remark required explanation, that couldn’t already be explained by re-reading it?

@DZhukovin perhaps if you used commonly used words in correct context then I would not need to ask?[thefreedictionary.com]

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil;
but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.

• Steven Weinberg
Mvtt Level 7 Jan 13, 2021

Or psychopaths

No shit, Sherlock!

Women, babies, Young abuse victims.....and the thousands of other types of victims. It's what they're known for.

Street rumour is not the same as proven and they, the Catholic church, spend a lot to keep the truth hidden.

The Catholic Church is largely blind to its own sins.

2000 years of selective &/or distorted news.

I think its called cognitive dissonance but I also call it "folies en masse" after the psychiatric delusion known as "folies à deux". [en.wikipedia.org]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568424
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.