Agnostic.com

3 8

House approves resolution calling to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump despite Pence rejection.

skado 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just impeached him

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 13, 2021

So does he still get pension and secret service. can he run for office again?

This doesn’t affect that (I think) especially if Pence doesn’t go along, which he said he won’t. Now, Trump has also been impeached, and if the Senate convicts him (which I don’t expect) Then he could lose those perks. But even then, I think it has to be submitted to a separate vote. Probably not likely to happen.

@skado I figured Pence's decision ended the possibility but wasnt sure.

@gigihein
I think it ends the 25th amendment approach, but the impeachment is a separate consideration. Both have been called for by the house now. So now the senate is the next obstacle, rather than Pence. And that’s not likely to occur until after Trump leaves office, but can still happen. I would be surprised if they convict though.

i wish they had voted to vaporize.

@Wisterious ooooooow....proton torpedo vote....you're fired!

@Wisterious oh no, not you.....congressional proton torpedo vote. its in the constitution.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568472
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.