Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Life, Philosophy, and Everything In-Between: Critical Thinking In A Busy World

Principles to help with critical thinking while living in a busy and hectic world.

AHWalter1989 5 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We live in a world where things are always pulling us one direction or another simply because someone wants to sell us something. Whether it is the newest app or the newest ideas from OAN we need to grow up.

Sorry, too busy to read.

Ever since "Critical Race Theory" anything described as "critical" is highly suspect.

Is “Race Theory” ok with you? It’s not ok with me.

@yvilletom We are all members of the human race.

@PBuck0145 I encourage critical thinking.

@yvilletom OK. Do you support "Critical Race Theory?" Does the adjective "critical" give it legitimacy?

@PBuck0145 i will search on CRT and get back to you. Until then, the “theoretical” in theoretical physicist is suspect.

@PBuck0145 I’m not a social scientist. I’m a physical scientist and describing an observation as a testable hypothesis requires effort. I see a lot of laziness in your thinking.

Relativity and evolution were both hypotheses until supported by reproducible evidence, after which they became "theories".

@yvilletom Your observation is partially correct. I do not examine unsupported conjectures in detail until there is some supporting evidence. Time in this life is finite, and should not be wasted..

@PBuck0145 Edit relativity out of the above sentence and I agree.

Relativity is as flawed as religion, which extracts money from people. Relativity extracts money from governments.

@yvilletom This was fun. Bye.

@PBuck0145

Thanx. Relativity is in trouble and I say so as often as the context allows. @yvilletom

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:568480
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.